Saturday, April 04, 2015

Flying Time & Scattered Thoughts

Seriously, how does so much time fly by between posts with me?
I swear I have the best intentions!

When last we visited, I was heading off to the DFW Fiberfest.  
And what a perfectly FUN time THAT was.  
I had a serious fiber festival hangover for a few days.   And it was real.  
But slowly I climbed back into reality.  I find a sniff of wool here and there throughout the day does wonders.  ha!


It all seems like such a blur now! 
But man did we have fun!

 We laughed with the Yarn Harlot.
We shopped.
We knit.
We shopped some more.
We knit.
We were inspired by Franklin Habit.
We shopped again.



And again!
The vendors were fantastic!
Miss Babs!  Must Stash Yarns!  Hill Country Weavers!!   Lost City Knits...oh there were so many and entirely too much temptation!

I screwed up my Pi Shawl.....
 

Then fixed it.
 And shopped again.
And several of us dined on delicious sushi and Japanese fare!
(Hi Carol!)


There's something just so comforting about being with "YOUR PEOPLE"
You know...the wool people!

So there was new yarn introduced to the stash.
 

and we're already waiting for next year!
or at least until Stitches Texas!
 
 Good times, indeed!

Even though I have enough things on the needles,
the temptation proved too strong and I had to cake up some of the new yarrrrrn!

This is Perfect Sock by Must Stash Yarns,
in the Polka Dot Afro Circus colorway!
 

 Seriously....


How could I not start these socks?
I'm almost to the toe of the second sock now.  Need to take a new pic!
If you ever have a chance to get some of Stacie's yarn,
you should!  Her colorways are always fantastic!
And it's self-striping, so we all know those socks knit up way faster than other socks! 

So that sums up Fiberfest!
Let's fast forward to this weekend!
If you follow me on Instagram (kwiltykimknits2) or Facebook,
then you know something wonderful happened yesterday!!!!

 Brynlee Ann joined the world!
Isn't she precious!?!?  This is Avery's little sister!  Can you believe it!?
Time surely does fly!  Wasn't Avery just a baby not too long ago?
And I was so touched they chose to give her my middle name!
That was a huge surprise!  
Babies......
they just make you smile, don't they?

I can't wait until June!  My kids AND grandkids will all be here for a visit!
I've been saving up hugs and kisses for those kiddos!  I hope they're prepared!

Add to that joy, the fact that today was a beautiful day here in North Texas!
I hope it was beautiful where you are!

I did some spring cleaning and didn't even mind!  
Something about throwing some classic rock on, opening the windows,
and cleaning.  I can handle that.  Every now and then!  ha!

Miss Pia enjoyed the open windows and blinds as well!


This is her favorite spot.  On my bedside dresser.  Gazing into the box hedge that's outside of our window.  It's quite the bustling place....that hedge.  Hours of entertainment!

There's something about curtains dancing in a breeze....
 

It was a wonderful day with lots of activity and now I can sit back in clean home
and do whatever the heck I want without worrying about cleaning...
at least for a few days!  ;o)

I relaxed a bit today with the June issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  Have you seen the latest issue? 
 

I can't say I've been thrilled as of late with the patterns.  Nothing wrong with them.  Just not my taste.
But this issue....THIS ISSUE IS SO GOOD!  Do you see the post its up there!
I flagged a LOT of pages!  
This is exciting, because I feel that quilting mojo returning.
I highly recommend this issue if you don't subscribe.  Great articles!  And really nice quilts.
After I finished reading it, I started thinking about reorganizing my stash,
and getting that organized again.  Probably won't happen soon, but I'm just glad the fabric is moving back toward the front of the line in my head!  

How about another baby pic?

Brynlee Ann - 7 lb 9 oz and 21 inches long!

This was a rather scattered post, 
but all things that had to be shared with you!

I hope you had a fantastic day today,
and have a blessed day tomorrow!

*Peace!
 

7 comments:

Dianne said...

Congratulations on the arrival of another grand-daughter. She is absolutely precious, love the pink outfit.

Robin said...

Welcome to your newest granddaughter! What a cutie she is! I enjoyed reading your recap of your adventure to the fiber festival.

Robin in Virginia

Margaret said...

Great post! Congrats again on your new granddaughter! So sweet! Loved seeing all the DFW pics. That self striping yarn is gorgeous! Almost makes me want to try sock knitting. :D I'll have to look for that APQ.

Loraine said...

Wow looks so fun!!! Time with friends and shopping and eating and knitting and just enjoying life sounds perfect!
Your new granddaughter is darling too! Life is good right now!

Vera said...

Gorgeous new granddaughter -- congratulations. So sweet. Love your DFW pics -- great purchases. I'm trying to knit sox, but I think I need lessons -- DPNs seem to be giving me a problem - lol. I'm heading to the Maryland Sheep & Wool event the first weekend in May - gotta save my $$$ for that one.

Beth Aalberts said...

Congratulations again on your beautiful new grandbaby. She is precious. I loved seeing all the pictures of the yarns you got at the festival, I don't think I could ever go to one of those, I would spend way too much money!

Melody said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!! What a sweet little girl. Love her cute outfit and headband. That is special that she shares your middle name.

I'm glad to hear you had fun at the fiber festival. Nothing like a little craft excitement, and being with your friends that get it too!!