Sunday, March 08, 2015

A Synopsis of Sorts

I keep meaning to take the time and sit and blog,
but I obviously didn't do it for the longest while!
Until  now!

Let's catch up, okay?


Picabia - Madelinetosh DK in colorway Citrus




 and then it did this....

 Craziness!  Ice lays underneath.
The Dallas area was in snowday mode.
But it melted and was gone the next day!



and it was SOOOOOOOO good!
So good.
Yum.

I fell off the wagon and brought this into the fabric stash...
 
Gardenvale by Jen Kingwell for Moda
 and I also bought some Lakeside Linens from a destash.
I couldn't pass it up.  I hate having to wait for linen,
so thought the purchase was worth it.

Yep..because I need linen.  ha!
I have yet to buy yarn though!  So that's deserving of a big "Wooohooo!!"
WOOOHOOO!!!
 
I pulled out some sampler stitching and worked on this.

Maria Selby Humphrey 1831/Blackbird Designs - LL V Pearled Barley 36ct w/threads as charted

and thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Something about plying needle and thread and linen.
Aaaah.



and decided I would make flour tortillas every week!
So good and so easy!

Miss Pia has been keeping me company as I stitch.
 

 

and finished it!
 
Azzu's Shawl - all purl version ~ Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in African Grey colorway
 That was a triumphant knit for me!
It used up one of the first skeins of yarn I ever purchased!
Deep deep stash!

And then this happened again...


This time it was about 5"!

 
Quaker Yarn Stretcher ~ Noro Kureyon
 and the snow melted yet again,
uncovering the promise of spring!


And I've been spending some time at the sewing machine!
 

What have you been up to?

*Peace!

6 comments:

Robin said...

You have been busy, Kim! Hmmm, your chocolate cobbler looked yummy! And thanks for the chuckle with the dandelion picture under the melting snow.

Robin in Virginia

Shelly said...

I'm seeing a pattern here (no pun intended!) but you make something when it snows! I showed some love to my sewing machine too today. No snow here in AZ. and a good thing because I could pull out a new start just because! Dessert looks good.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wow you have been one busy girl! You ell off the wagon into some good stash

Vera said...

Love all your projects Kim! Your post a bit ago on the Cowlucopia inspired me -- I'm making it in a silk fingering weight, so I think it will be perfect for Spring (if it ever arrives...).

Margaret said...

Nice summary of events. :D It's fun to see all your projects. I think new stash in cross stitch and fabric doesn't count towards your yarn diet. No way!

Melody said...

You've been busy!