Friday, January 02, 2015

Fresh Starts!

I hope you all had so much fun bringing in the new year!

We had a pretty sedate evening,
but we like it that way!

And then yesterday...

WOOOHOOOO BUCKEYES!!!

Was that a fabulous game or WHAT!?

Throughout the day yesterday,
as I do every January 1,
I started several new projects!

Did you?


I started the Mexican Band Sampler by Needle Work Press.
I'm using a 36 ct linen that I dyed myself, as well as my own conversion using various overdyed threads.  Looking forward to working on this one!

On the quilting front,
This has been a LONG time coming!
I've been collecting 2" squares of newer and vintage Liberty of London fabrics for many years,
knowing I wanted to do a scrappy hexagon quilt.
So yesterday I finally started!


Because, you know, I NEED more handwork projects!
ha!
This is going to be a long term quilt project,
but it will never get finished if I don't start!
I'm still deciding on another quilt to start, but so far,
this is it!

 And then the yarn...

My sweet dear friend, Lori, gifted me with this lovely skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Lite in the Jasper colorway for Christmas.   I couldn't wait to get it on the needles!

And then this...

Another crocheted Granny Shawl,
but this one will be more SHAWL than scarf, like the previous one I crocheted!
I'm using Plymouth Yarns Gina in the Sunset colorway
and let me tell you....it is FLYING off the hook!

What did you start on New Year's?
I really want to know!

*Peace!

8 comments:

carol fun said...

Hi Kim... we had very similar days on New Year's... I started a BIG band sampler...I knit some on my socks... and I spent time with my sewing machine working on a new quilt...no cooking or cleaning was done... it was a very good day! Hope there are more like that for you and me! Your projects are very pretty...Have fun!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hey I also started a hexie project--looooooog term.

Beautiful yarns

Chris said...

Wonderful new starts Kim!
I have not stitched yet in the new year, I am going to change that this evening.
Happy New Year!

Robin said...

Hi Kim, you have some wonderful starts to the new year...all of my loves; quilting, knitting, crochet and stitching! I have started Catherine Rihl by The Essamplaire and Rebecca Cullin by the Scarlett Letter. I can't get much traction tho, because I keep changing out colors!...it's a problem I have with every stitch that I start...ugh, what a curse!! LOL Have fun with your new projects. Robin in Montana
needleworker2012@gmail.com (home acct)

Margaret said...

Does my fair isle scarf count as a start? I started it Christmas Eve. :D I love all your new starts. Just beautiful! I want to make some kind of Liberty scrap quilt, but I can never decide what. If I do hexies, what size hexie? Or what about clamshells? What size clamshell? it's a dilemma. lol! Enjoy all your new projects!

Robin said...

All fabulous starts. I will be watching your progress with your hexies! I too have been working on a hexagon quilt......for several years now!

Vera said...

Great new projects Kim! Will enjoy following your updates. I started some stitching (Mary Hurst by Scarlet Letter), but no knitting yet...that needs to be remedied -lol

Kathy Krause said...

Hey Kim - what is the color number for the Sunset colorway? How are you modifying the pattern so it is more like a shawl?