Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

I saw a post on Facebook from
Elizabeth Gilbert, aka Eat Pray Love and all around inspiring lady,
where she was discussing
her 
Happiness Jar!

The premise is no matter how badly your day has gone,
there is always at least ONE thing, ONE instance where you were happy.
She writes that thing down at the end of each day,
and drops it in to her "Happiness Jar".

I loved the idea.
I used to write three things I was grateful for at the end of each day.
No matter how trivial, there is always something to be happy about,
something to be grateful about!

So I'm starting my own jar!
I'm using this for now...

 but will keep an eye out for another fabulously oversized glass canister!

I think it will be a great exercise in keeping that Attitude of Gratitude!
No matter what....there is at least one bright spot in everyone's day!


This will be a great way to center myself.
On the off day, just reach in to the jar and read a slip of paper and remind myself
that even the simple things are things to be happy about,
to be grateful for!

One slip in my jar simply says "There was knitting"
and that's okay!

Then there are other monumental events that left me 
completely ecstatic...


I love the idea of having years and years of happy moments,
moments of gratitude,
piling up in a big ol' jar.
I'm looking forward to reaching in,
and remembering,
for years to come!

*Peace!



4 comments:

Margaret said...

This is a wonderful idea! Would a journal work too???

Robin said...

I am working on my 2nd year of keeping a gratitude journal this year. As you mentioned, it helps me to remember the big things, the small things and the things in between.

Robin in Virginia

Catherine said...

Love this!!

Melissa said...

What a great idea, a little different than a gratitude journal.