Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Snug

Well, it finally happened!  Much to Miss Pia's dismay, the pile of sweater pieces that she likes to lounge on and under has dissipated a bit!  


Doesn't she look all snug there, under the woolly goodness that's been taking up residence on my cutting table?  I don't know why I put up a mental barricade when it comes to seaming up these sweaters!  Well, enough was enough and the other day I purchased a great class on Craftsy by Anne Hanson.  It was specific to finishing and seaming hand knits!  I watched it.  Well...parts of it.  Then decided to just dive in and tackle this!  You may remember I had the pieces of the Long Sands Cardigan off the needles waaaaaay back in March.  MARCH!!  Good grief.  Turns out my fear of seaming was unfounded!

The Craftsy class was very helpful, as this sweater has both vertical and horizontal seaming that had to be done, but it went well and was soaked and blocked in short order!  Thanks to Anne, I found some seaming confidence.  Finally!

 I love this sweater!  I will knit another for certain!  I don't think I was very aggressive with the blocking, as it does seem a little snug in the upper arms and I'm used to really hiding in my cardigans,
but this one is more close fitting.  Hmmm...maybe I need to be more aggressive with exercising!  There's an idea!

 But the yarn was great to work with.  In case you don't recall, it was Cascade Eco Wool.  And this thing flew off the needles!  It really knit up quickly, so it's just a shame that it sat for so long.

 Actually, it sat thru a Texas summer, so it's not like it would have seen any wear, but still!  STILL!  Procrastination abounds!  But it's done now.  We've got a cold snap arriving this week.....so I'll be all snug now when I wear this!

 I've left the Hayward pieces there for Miss Pia to snuggle in for a bit.  I may get that one put together soon too!  There's hope for me yet!

*Peace!



7 comments:

Beth Aalberts said...

I'm the same way, I see all kinds of sweaters I would like to make but when I see they aren't knit from top to bottom or bottom to top all seamlessly, I shy away. I can knit all the parts until the cows come home no problem, but I have never taken the time to learn to seam. Your sweater came out perfect!

Robin said...

What a fabulous looking sweater you created, Kim. Good for you in conquering your seam fear!

Robin in Virginia

Margaret said...

Ok, I've put both the finishing class and the buttons and bands class in my Craftsy wish list. lol! Thanks for the recommendation! You already know I love your sweater! It's lovely! So did you do a gauge for this one and the Hayward? I'm looking forward to seeing Hayward all finished. Miss Pia won't be happy, but I will be!

Melody said...

Beautiful sweater! It looks very cozy indeed.

Robin said...

Beautiful! Isn't that a wonderful feeling having it complete? It's like a heavy weight has been lifted when we finish something that has to be done. It will feel so good during your cold snap. Here in Montana we are lucky to reach 14 today. It has been brutal the last few days. I actually like the finishing of knits, but it's such a rare activity because I have more projects in bags than I do in the drawers! LOL
Robin in Montana

Jackie said...

Finished just in time for the cold weather I hear you are having! That should motivate you to get another one seamed up. I hope! I'd love to see another finish!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations