Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happenings!

Happy Thursday!!

And what a lovely Thursday it is!
I'm off work until Monday!
Wooohoooo!!

There have been hat factor happenings here,
trying to get warm head toppers done to mail up to my Nebraska family!

In addition to Amber's hat (here),
I've recently finished up a Thorpe hat
for Miss Avery,

 which is a free pattern!
I used Noro Kureyon and added a BIG OL' POM POM
because I think Miss Avery will like a big ol' pom pom!
Super quick knit!

Then it was time to knit a hat for Avery's daddy (aka my oldest son).
He is an ice fishing fanatic, so I have to get this done and mailed off soon.
I'm sure the weather will be changing soon up there!

I dug into deep stash.
As in, stash I purchased before I even knew how to knit!
I'm sure other people do this, right?
I knew one day I would knit socks, so I started acquiring mass quantities 
of sock yarn
ahem.....
and now I'm using it!


Thank goodness I have sock yarn in the stash! ha!
I found some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
in the Camouflage colorway
and knew it was meant to be Brennan's hat!

I'm almost done.  
Time to start the decreases!
But it's going to have to wait a bit.

I need to get packing!
Because there are HAPPENINGS this weekend!

Woohooo!

I'm heading west....for a girls weekend retreat with some
great friends!
Technically it's a stitching retreat,
so of course I am packing the samplers up and hope to get tons
done!
 
 
But there's also knitting tagging along,
and needlepoint,
and magazines,
and wool applique.

I hope I can fit it all in among the belly laughs
and cocktails!!

AND...
AAAAAND!
They have a G'Willy's in this small town to which I'm headed in a couple hours!
SQUEEEEE!!
Wouldn't it be SWELL if today,
THURSDAY,
I found my thrifty mojo!
Wish me luck!!
I'm going in ever so hopeful!

We'll catch up at the end of the weekend!
Have a wonderful next few days!

*Peace!
 

4 comments:

Cari said...

Have fun…I know you will. What's not to love ??? Friends, Stitching, Knitting, Food, Laughter !!

Looking forward to pics and reports !!

Margaret said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!! You have to show off what you got done. Love the hats, of course!

Melody said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!! The hat is adorable!!

woolwoman said...

Cant' wait to hear about your retreat weekend. Love the hats - we don't have much need for hats in the deep south but I did make an Antler hat for DH last winter and it is pretty neat. Cheers ! Mel