Sunday, May 18, 2014

Before I Forget...

I finished up my M Detlefsen sampler from the spring issue of
Sampler & Antique Needework Quarterly!


A colorful departure from my normal sampler stitching!
 

It was a fun little stitch!  
I've shared my thread conversion in an earlier blog post,
and also online.
Happy to inspire others to stitch this one!

I've also finished a knitting project!
 

I call it My Friendly Wrap,
AND the pattern (Cosette Wrap by Alana Dakos),
were generous gifts from two great friends I've made here in the Dallas area!

They went to Stitches South in Atlanta a month or so ago,
and picked the yarn and pattern up for me!
I was so surprised and happy they thought of me while they 
were inhaling all those knitty yarn fumes!

This came off the needles, soaked and blocked this weekend!

I LOVE it.  
I will definitely knit this pattern again.
It is the PERFECT length and I just love it!
Very wearable!

On the stitching front,
I'm sure you've heard that the gals of Blackbird Designs are hosting

Her Sampler is a sweet reproduction!
I pulled my own conversion from thread stash
and the linen came from stash too.
So it's practically a free stitch, right?  ;o)


If you're interested,
here are the threads I'm using!
 

I haven't spent a ton of time with it,
but did start it on Monday when it began!


Are you stitching along?

*Peace!

8 comments:

carol fun said...

LOVE the shawl -- great yarn and pattern! And your little Dutch sampler is wonderful - so colorful. I like your pick of threads for the BBD SAL. Nice to see that lots of us are choosing our own pallette. Happy stitching!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The shaw is a home run, the finished sampler very colorful and great start on the BBD stitch long.

Margaret said...

Love everything! Gorgeous! I see a common theme here. You have an eye for color. Wish I did.

Melissa said...

Kim, you are looking spiffy! Love the shawl. Wish I could knit!

The bird sampler is wonderful!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your sampler turned out great! The shawl is lovely and you look darling wearing it! I haven't joined the BBD SAL.... yet.

Have a great week!

Chris said...

Wow Kim! Beautiful finishes. The shawl looks great. I love the bird on that sampler too.
Your colors for the BBD piece look great.

woolwoman said...

I was planning on doing the BBD SAL too but I am using silk and haven't been able to find a suitable piece of linen in stash yet - I am determined I am going to pull from stash also ! Love your shawl - haven't tried any Miss Babs yet but I might try and visit them when I am in Tenn later this summer. Your bird sampler is so pretty - you are really rocking lately - YGG - enjoy the holiday weekend - Mel

Lucy said...

I LOVE your sampler. Great colors and a great pattern!