Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Sticks and String Update

There's been some Sticks & String action happening
here in Texas!
Seems I absolutely canNOT have idle hands.

Period.

I'm on track to get the
Obstacles wrap 
off the needles this weekend!

Obstacles Wrap by Knitspot - Skinny Bugga Yarn by Sanguine Gryphon in Florida Blue Centipede colorway
 I snapped that pic over the weekend, and have since
tapped into the second skein! 
The end is near!

And...speaking of endings!

Plain Vanilla Socks - Regia - Kaffe Fassett #4355
 I'm doing a happy dance this evening!!


I knit these babies in 15 days!
WHAT!?!?!? 
ME? 
She who carries socks in her purse for years
before they're finished?
 
 It's true!
And I'm certain it was the yarn!
Easy to knit knit knit to get to that next color stripe!

I may ride this wave of high
right into the 2014 Winter Games of
Ravellenics!

I've been trying to decide if I want to participate.
The challenge is enticing!
I'd like to challenge myself to knit ANOTHER pair of socks...
or maybe TWO pair!
or maybe a pair of socks and another sockhead hat!

I have to decide before 10:00AM Friday, which is when the
Opening Ceremonies begin!

This gear arrived Monday....
it will help me in my quest!

I love Sticks & String!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah, so gorgeous! Love that obstacles wrap! Yum! Love the socks too! It's so funny -- every time I saw your socks on Instagram on those sock forms, I thought the tops of the forms were some sort of fancy top to your socks. lol!

Melody said...

Great job on the socks! If I was going to return to knitting, socks would be high on my list.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Such great progress and finishes! Plan to continue on with my stitching for the 2014 O.

woolwoman said...

great finish on those socks - I have one sock syndrome so I am not allowed to start any more socks ! Love that bugga color - gorgeous - looks like you are a knitting fool lately - enjoy! Mel

Jackie said...

Go for two pairs! I haven't knit socks in a while but I seem to slog through at the end. I can't imagine knitting a pair in 15 days!

Beth Aalberts said...

Are you becoming more a knitter than a quilter like me? I have so many quilt projects to finish and do, but knitting is so much more relaxing!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous socks, I love the colours in that Kaffe yarn