Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Yes...THAT Color!

I thought I'd share my progress 
on the 
Birds of a Feather sampler
by Blackbird Designs

 I apologize up front for the pic being so washed out!
The lighting was not cooperative today!
I'm using the NPI silks
and a lovely darkish Lakeside Linens Vintage Pearled Barley,
though you wouldn't believe it from this pic!
Trust me!

I always thought it was the REDS that
were making me ga-ga over this sampler.
The REDS and the Southwestern feel 
of the piece overall.

It was love at first sight.

But as I stitch it...
well...
it's clear that it's more than the REDS.

You see, today I stitched 
this guy...



And then I knew.
It wasn't the REDS, after all!

When I look around me,
it's obvious.









It's THAT color...



Aaaaah.....
NPI 525

Yes...THAT color!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Gorgeous!!!!! My favorite color too :-).

Margaret said...

Love it! Yes, I love that color as well. And I love your turquoise jewelry. Sigh.

valerie said...

Great progress Kim! I like the pops of red and turquoise in this design.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Oh, and how I do love them together!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous love the turquoise

Catherine said...

I do love red and yes, THAT color too!!! You have a wonderful collection of THAT color!!

Chris said...

Love it!! It makes this piece even more wonderful.