Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Tuesday Things

Happy Tuesday!
How was your day?
Are you keeping warm?
Hope so!
 
I finished the Elinya Shawl last night!
Woohoooo!! 

It's currently blocking....

and I am quite pleased to have a WIP
off the needles!  
I'll get some proper shots of it once it's dry!

And speaking of WIPs....

 look what I found!
Big Red House....a small WIP!
You know where this is leading, right? 
I'm going to concentrate on this one for a bit 
and if I finish it, it will go toward my
 "3 sampler WIPs done before starting something new" thing!
And besides that, I love this design, so it will be a win-win!

The sun was really shining in thru the front window
this evening, when I ventured out of the office and into the family room.


Like most of you, 
we've had unusually cold temps for the area,
but given the fact that we recently left South Dakota after 23 WINTERS,
we're not complaining too much about this Texas winter at all!
The heat pump...and our electric bill...that's another story.
Let's just say it's a good thing I'm not spending $$$ on new stash for a bit!
YIKES!!

If you follow me on Instagram (kwiltykimknits2),
then you know I started a chevron scarf project a bit ago.
 
 It's a free pattern called "Favorite Scarf Ever"
and you can find it here.
I've had two skeins of Koigu in deep stash for years, so thought it was time to get them out
and make something with it already!  
I've got half of it done.  It's knit in two halves and then seamed or grafted together.
I'm going to opt for the simple seaming instead of kitchener.
It's going to be on the back of my neck.  It will be a design element!
But perhaps I'm getting way ahead of myself!  I need to get the other half knit up!
That's what I will work on this evening.

Though I should be working on this...


 Christmas!
Just as I was slow to get in the spirit and decorate
(maybe something to do with the first time ever empty nest Christmas),
well now, I don't want the glow of the tree to go away, 
so it's still up.

What's another night or so, right?

*Peace!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your finished shawl, love that Koigu piece too. The colors in that one are wonderful! I'd love to be experiencing a Texas winter right about now. lol! I'm the kind who has to get the tree down before New Years. It was my mother who started that, and I carry on with it. Keep warm!

Cari said...

I'm always lusting over your fabulous knitting projects. Can't wait to see the shawl blocked. I hope I like it a whole bunch 'cause the yarn is on order !! LOL I know I will.

I'm right there with you on the Christmas decorations. I haven't put my tree up for years. So now that it's up, I love it so, I really don't want to take it down. I decorated it with my handmade paper stars. Next Monday I'm instructing my stitch group on how to make the stars. So…I have a great excuse to leave the tree up for at least another week.

Stay warm…I have my heat on too, but by Sunday, the A/C may be back on!! Whatever !! Hugs

Jackie said...

Congrats on your shawl finish-what a way to start the year! Great plan for the sampler finishes too.

Craftsy has a free class with Anne Hanson called The Ins and Outs of Grafting. It totally helped me understand the kitchner stitch. I didn't get lost on my last project which had about 45 stitches to graft.

Happy New Year!

Cari Smith said...

Love, love your chevron scarf - the colors are fabulous! I need to implement your WIP goal for my stitching, hmmm...first I need a list :-)

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Yay! It's always heartening to see someone finishing UFOs! You go girl! :-) ~Angela~