Monday, September 09, 2013

Oh I Feel It Coming Back Again

With each passing day, 
I'm finding more of my creative mojo!

Wooohooo!
In case you were wondering, 
it's been missing pretty much since
I arrived in Texas. 
Who knew packing up 21 years of your life and
relocating it 850 miles south
would be so....so....
mojo-sucking!

But it's coming back, baby!


I bound off the back piece for my Hayward sweater!
I'm using The Verdant Gryphon BUGGA! yarn in the American Rubyspot colorway.
Super squishy with that touch of cashmere!  
I promptly cast on for the front piece, so we'll see if I can actually knit a sweater after all!

 And wonder of wonders...
I've been stitching!


Really enjoying this  sampler
from Paulette and her fabbo Plum Street Antiques line!


I am always a sucker for a great reproduction. 
And this one is actually moving rather quickly!
I'm using 32ct Vintage Exemplar linen from Lakeside and
a hodgepodge of threads....
some as charted, others from Katrina's conversion,
and a couple of my own.
The linen is showing washed out in my pics, but it's a great
warm tan and looks so old!  
The color seems even better on the 32ct vs 40ct.  

 And then my knitting this evening...


YIKES!  Note to self...move the knitting out from under
flourescent lighting before taking a picture!
This is the Wearwithall Stole and it's NOT neon!
In any way!
Making slow progress.  Those rows are LONG!

This weekend, I also did some pairing up of the great cheddar bow ties
I received for my birthday (Hi Karen!)


I'll be hopefully spending more time at the machine.
Just haven't felt like it for some odd reason.
But...there is progress!

It's coming back....

*Peace!

10 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The mojo is back! Beautiful yarns! Great start on the sampler

Chris said...

Woohoo! Moving is a huge thing! But isn't it great to purge :)
So glad the mojo is back. I love the sampler progress.

Barb said...

your knitting and stitching is lovely.
What a great pile of bow ties!
happy fall

Margaret said...

I'm loving everything you're working on. So gorgeous!! Sigh. I'm glad your mojo is back. I can be inspired as always.

Jackie said...

It's amazing what can suck the mojo right out! Glad to see you're getting yours back. And it looks like it's coming back BIG - beautiful projects in this post.

Deb said...

I'm glad to see that your mojo is coming back. After the move and everything it's got to take some time to get back into the swing of things. And it certainly looks like your doing that!!

Kim said...

So glad to see you are knitting and stitching once again. This must mean youare more settled in your new home I'm still feeling unsettled...if its at all possible, please PALEEZ pass the Mojo.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Welcome back Mojo! Nice to see your pretties.

Karoline said...

Great projects, glad your mojo is making a reappearance

woolwoman said...

Kim I can so relate - when we moved (only 15 miles to another county) 5 years ago - I was just so uninterested in doing anything. It took months for me to pick up any needlework again and the first thing I went for was a very mindless but colorful piece of needlepoint, a painted canvas with big huge zinnias on it. Looks like you are back in the swing. Love all your WIP's - Hope a tease of fall has come to your area. Enjoy the weekend - Mel