Sunday, September 29, 2013

About The Knitting

I didn't mean to be gone for so long!
But I've been knitting!

If you follow me on Instagram (kwiltykimknits2), then you'll
be familiar with some of the photos. 
And some of the news!

The Wearwithall Stole is OFF THE NEEDLES!

Wearwithall Stole - Isager Alpaca 2 yarn - purchased at The Yarnery
 I did the final bind off on Monday evening!
And it's sat here, in this place, since then.  I need to weave in the ends and block it out a bit,
but do you think I can find my darning needles? 
I know exactly where they were before the move,
but just can't find them right now!  But I'm sure they'll surface and then I can get that stole complete
and get some proper photos!  
I think that it's the biggest thing I've ever knit.  
But so worth every stitch! 

With that complete, and my hands idle, I picked up my Hayward sweater
and started to work on the front panel.

Hayward Sweater - Bugga! in American Rubyspot by The Verdant Gryphon
 But you know...this curling is making me nuts!
I'll get back to it another time, but for now I couldn't stand the curling in my hands!

I picked up the sock that lives beside the couch...

Vanilla sock - Berroco
 I knit a few rounds...and pondered the next project.
And it didn't take long for me to decide!

I loaded up my knitting bag 
(ahem....Green Mountain Knitting Bags by Martha..check them out on Thursday evenings!  Fabulous bags!)
with the next project.

Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe
 My first time working with Rowan Kidsilk Haze...
and this is the Kidsilk Haze Stripe by Kaffe Fassett.
Four different colorways,
that will hopefully all play nicely...

I've cast on the Color Play Mohair Wrap from 
Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.
And let me tell you...
this yarn...
A. MAZING.  
Seriously luxurious. 
I'm loving it!

I've been getting a lot of podcasts in,
and have a love of the knitting ones!
I've thoroughly enjoyed 'Lets Knit 2 Gether" and am sad it's gone!
There are others as well, but I want to know...

Do you have a favorite podcast?
I'd love to know what it is, so I can load up my iPad!

So this past week, I've been consumed with the knitting.
It's been all about the knitting!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Mmmmmm. Knitting loveliness. I'm figuring once I get my stitching in a good place, I'll get back to my stole. I love seeing yours and am impatient to see it all done! Find those darning needles! :D Loooove your new project!!! So yummy! Love Rowan....

Anonymous said...

I love your projects. How long have you been knitting? What was your first project? I really want to learn. I don't know anyone in real life that knits - just bloggers. Wondering if I could really learn. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors for you new project. Can't wait to see it.

woolwoman said...

WOW Kim - loads of knitty loveliness going on in this post. You will love the KSH stripe - I have a scarf on the go I think but was wishing I had purchased enough for the little cardi in the book I have on Stripe. As we know Kaffe is such an inspiration with his colorways. Glad you finished your wrap and are moving right on - this is the season I feel the pull of the wool in the most extreme ways. Take care knit on . . . Mel

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing the stole, it's looking gorgeous. You've got me very tempted to start my own. The kidsilk haze is lovely.