Thursday, August 08, 2013

More Cheese!!

I was ushered into my 48th year
last weekend,
and was so surprised when I received a box in the mail
from my friend, Karen!  (Hi Karen!)

Look!


She sent me a STUNNING Longaberger!
It completely matches my new sectional!  And I was giddy!

And then....

I lifted the lid.
 

WOWZERS!!!!
OMGosh she sent me a ridiculously large number of little bow tie blocks!
With CHEDDAR!!

All the while Karen was using these as her Leader/Ender project
and in typical "Hi I'm Karen And I'm An Overachiever" fashion,
she made too many!
And gifted the overflow to me!

I'm so blessed to have friends like Karen!
Looks like there will be more cheese in my future!
Can't wait to sew these together!

Thank you, Karen, for your friendship...
and for the cheese! 

*Peace!

9 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

Can Karen be my friend??? Great gift!

Jayne Honnold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dona said...

What a thoughtful gift! Suprises in the mail are the best!

Margaret said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift!!! Wow! Love the basket and I really love those cheddar bow ties!

Catherine said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a fabulous gift!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Congratulations! You deserve the best (cheddar and all).

Chris said...

What a fabulous gift! I would have been jumping around :)
Happy Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your little gift! Hope you have as much fun sewing the bowties together as I did making them! Miss you!

woolwoman said...

Happy Belated B-day Kim - sorry I missed your big day. Love the cheddar blocks hiding in a Longaberger basket - perfect surprise for you. Whatcha knitting lately? I'm furiously working on CL 3 - hoping I finish 800 yards by the 31st - Enjoy the weekend - Mel