Tuesday, August 06, 2013

It's About Time!

The new creative space is coming together!
Finally!

I was excited to get in some time at the Bernina.
Even if it was a short time!

I quilted and bound this little quilt
from my small-group pal, Kay.



I had a spot in mind for it, and wanted to get it finished!

I'm trying to show restraint in my new space
and go with a cleaner, less cluttered look on the walls!

Here's a brief little tour. 
 

This Lori Smith Fit To Frame quilt has been stored away...
waiting for it's time.  So glad to have it up on the wall!

I found these great huge orange scissors
on eBay many years ago.
 

They really pop off of the light walls! 
And speaking of light...egads I need to figure out how to
use all the light in this house to my advantage when
it comes to photographs!

This is a large painting I found
while thrifting a few years ago.
 

It's very tall and the colors are amazing!  

And here's my little quilt from Kay,
accompanying a little quilt I had received as a gift from my friend, Karen.
 

In constant view while I'm in the room,
I love my small-group friends!

I decided to hang this Sue Spargo quilt 
on the wall behind my sewing area.
 

It's one of my favorites! 
Must be all the color!

And last...
but not least....
 

my most favorite prim girls!  
Well I LOVE them!

Things sure look different in this sewing space
compared to the lightless basement I had before!
I'm really excited things are coming together!

I'll show you what else I've been doing in my new space
tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!

*Peace!


11 comments:

Linda said...

I love all your quilts! And I love your prim dolls. I have some prim angels hanging on my guest room walls!

Linda in VA

Deb said...

I love seeing all your things hanging up and that you're getting situated in your new space. Love those giant scissors!

Margaret said...

OMG! Love everything!!!! You are really shaping up that space of yours. Gorgeous!

EvalinaMaria said...

Very, very nice and so creative!

Katrina said...

Too much fun!!!!! I love seeing your sewing room :-).

Karoline said...

Love how your new space is coming together

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Not sure which I like beter the giant scissors or the prim dolls

Karen said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the little quilt I gave you. Here's to lots of fun time in your new quilting room!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I just love the painting of the lady holding the tall flowers ! Her hat is wildly colorful...
A fun piece that makes me smile. ;)
Rose

Melody said...

How much fun it must be to have a fresh new space to decorate and arrange! You will have to share more photos... :)

Melissa said...

Such amazing and creative decorating! I couldn't help but following the link about your husband and those two primitive girls hanging on your wall. Too funny :)