Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sampler Sharing Finale!

Aaaaah...
the Big One!
The 2010 finish that has been stored away...
waiting....
waiting for wall space so she can take her place on a larger
sampler wall!

Ann Rayner Sampler 1839


It's been so long since I stitched her,
I'd have to look to be sure, but I believe I used my own conversion
using Hand Dyed Fibers silks on this one.
 

and of course Lakeside Linens...
looks to be Vintage Exemplar again...or maybe Lt Exemplar!
 

I went with a simple,
yet bold frame.
 

I didn't want anything in the molding to take away from
the sampler itself.
It was such a labor of love!
 

And I remember racing the clock on New Year's Eve 2010.
I got the last stitches put in JUST before midnight!
Whew!

And two and a half years later....
 

she's ready for hanging!
Once I get the samplers hung in the new digs,
you'll be the first to see!

Ann Rayner Sampler 1839
by Threads Through Time

Thanks for stopping by to see the samplers this past week!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I love this one, Kim! The frame you chose is just lovely, perfect for this piece!

I love your colour conversion too! Did you skip the over one's or modified them? I have found myself having more of a hard time with them now!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Deb said...

It looks great Kim. The frame is perfect!!

I just got mine back yesterday and I'm not too thrilled with my frame, but it will have to be okay. To expensive to have reframed!!

How is your new place??

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--am so looking forward to seeing your samplers hanging in the new digs

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Loving all your finishes an choices. Can't wait to see 'the' walls!

Margaret said...

Ah, so beautiful! I love the frame you chose! Can't wait to see her up on your new walls!

Catherine said...

Oh Kim, this is beautiful! I love the frame ~ it compliments your piece perfectly. Looking forward to seeing all of these beauties on your new Texas walls!

Three Sheep Studio said...

This sampler is GORGEOUS !
Beautiful work.
Rose

Sherry :o) said...

Kim,

Catching up on several days - boy, all your framing and the samplers are stunning. Your choices of frames are very complimentary. Love the knitting - saw the colors on Margaret's blog...pretty! Good luck with the move!
Sherry :o)

Katrina said...

Really beautiful~~!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

It's such a wonderful piece! I was so happy when I finished Miss Ann - and you've picked a great frame to show her off :)