Friday, June 07, 2013

Plugging Away!

Looks like a bomb...or SEVERAL bombs have gone off throughout the house!
This is the state of my quilt den.


Sad state of affairs.  I am sick of the mess and the boxes!
3 weeks to go....and lots to do!
My biggest headache is going to be moving all the BOOKS. 
Oh my word the books...the books..the books.  

It's been fun rediscovering things that have been packed away,
or tucked in a cabinet here and there.
I'm downsizing with no regret! 


Some treasures have found their way to my Ebay listings.
And I continue to add more!

I haven't had much time for knitting this week.
MOSTLY because I had an incident on Sunday with a pot of boiling water.
It resulted in a horrific blistering burn to the forefinger on my right hand!
I did add a color to my WearWithAll stole before that happened.


Thankfully today, I'm down to a mere thin bandaid on the finger instead of a wad of gauze,
so GUESS what I'm going to do tonight!?  Yep...knit! 

Back to the boxes tomorrow, but for tonight...I'm picking up the needles!
Hope your week was great!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Keep plugging away--it will all come together. I feel like my quilting area looks like a bomb went off all the time! I am a messy girl.

Sorry about your finger--I dropped a quiliting ruled on my foot tonight. My husband was surprised I could injure myself quilting!

Margaret said...

Ouch on your finger! Yikes! Good luck with all the packing. Yes, our biggest problem would be books as well. Books and books and books.... Thank goodness we both have e-readers now. We still get books, but not as many in hard copy form.

You can do it! Rah rah rah! :D

Deb said...

I know that it's daunting, but you'll get through it. I can only imagine how much crafty stuff there is to pack and the books. I hear you on those because even when I read them sometimes I have a hard time donating them after. But you'll get through it and on to your new adventure!!

Chris said...

Moving ...ugh. But purging all the stuff is great!
I hope that your finger is ok :)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Get yourself some tongs, girlfriend! It must be hard to give up some of those lovingly collected Thrifty Finds!