Sunday, April 21, 2013

Obla Dee Obla Da

Thanks for the cyber hugs and emails over my mini meltdown!
As the song says, life goes on!

We had quite the week last week leading up to the kids' departure!


 You may have seen Sioux Falls on the news.  We were hit by a horrendous
ice storm that took out almost half of the city's power!


We only lost ours for 24 hours, but the kids weren't so lucky.
So they were staying with us prior to their departure.
Which may have made last Saturday's leaving all the more harder.
But...we got thru it.  
Power is restored.
Life moves on!

I've been going from project to project,
as usual!

I've been knitting occasionally on the Hayward sweater I started.


I'm ready to begin raglan decreases on the back! 
I hope I'm not in over my head with a sweater project,
but I'll never figure it out if I don't try!

And I've got all the applique pieces traced and one block
prepped for the Serendipity quilt!
 

I used my Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It and got busy today.
 

Once it's dry, I'll set out to get the other three blocks prepped
and then will have it at the ready!
I love Jan Patek's big four block quilts!

I've also been stitching.
 

Maria Selby Humphrey 1831 is moving along!
Another great Blackbird Designs piece, I'm really enjoying working
on this!  The colors are a nice departure from the Peace sampler I finished recently!
 

I'm using the GAST threads as charted.
Stitching on 36ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Pearled Barley.

And the WearWithAll Stole hasn't seen much attention.
 

But I'm going to remedy that this afternoon!
It's another cloudy day and I'm anxiously awaiting spring!
So I'll just settle in with my knitting,
under my daylight lamp,
and dream of spring!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a nasty storm!! Hopefully spring can get a grip now! Love all of your projects.

Deb said...

All lovely projects Kim. The ice storm sure looked spectacular! Very heart wrenching about your family :(

Deb said...

I heard that you got hit pretty hard! That looks like one horrific ice storm. Hope that's the end of it.

Love your projects as always. Have you seen the BBD and Minnick and Simpson books? I couldn't resist and ordered them sight unseen. Like I need more projects right?

I know it was hard to see your family go, but maybe that's why the power went out - so you could spend more time with them before they left.

Margaret said...

Your projects are all beautiful! I love that Jan Patek quilt. Sigh.... So gorgeous. Sorry about the whole snow/ice storm and power outage thing. I'm glad you only lost power for 24 hours. And this way you got to see everyone before they left, right?

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the applique block and can't wait to see the other three. All your projects are wonderful.

woolwoman said...

OMGosh Kim - your projects are ALL so wonderful - Love the applique piece and the knitting OOH LA LA - great progress on the sampler. Glad to see you just immersed yourself in all your awesome projects. Keep hanging in there GF - Mel

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great projects going on over there! Hope your springtime comes in soon.

Barb said...

OMG that ice is incredible! your poor thing.
Your knitting and stitchery looks lovely and I'm in love with your applique' so folky and fun