Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reclining

Thanks for the warm thoughts and
well wishes with my back!
I'm on the mend, so that's good!
A slip on the ice a couple weeks ago, coupled with
hoisting around a 20lb ham and then picking up two grandkids simultaneously
didn't go over too well with something in my low back.
OUCH!

So for the past three days, I've been in a reclining position with
feet up.....

and needle in hand!
I did start out knitting but just wasn't feeling it.

 I remembered that I had
Blackbird Designs Summer Jubilee 
all kitted up waiting for some attention.
I started it on Friday.
 
 I'm stitching on 35 ct R&R 18th Century Blackbird
with the charted threads.

 And let me tell you...it's a good thing I started this NOW
while I still have some sort of ability to count 
threads on this dark linen!
EGADS!  It gets tough after a while!


 I'm about 2/3 done with the design though
and am pretty excited about that!

When my eyes couldn't see the 18th Century Blackbird
threads anymore, I switched over to my BOAF Peace Sampler.

It's coming along too! 
Feels so good to be stitching again!
I hope to get these finished in short time, and
the finishes can't come soon enough, because while I was reclining,
my laptop wasn't far from me and I did a little
retail therapy of the stitching kind!

More on that when the new stash arrives!

I'll head off to the office tomorrow and hope I can sit at my desk for extended
periods without the aid of a comfy recliner.
But let's be honest...we all know I'd rather be stitching!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Deborah said...

Glad that you are stitching again. Lover both of the wip's.

Catherine said...

Glad you are on the mend! Your stitches are beautiful ~ I'm lovin' that BBD on that fabric!!!

carol fun said...

Beautiful stitching! I love that BBD piece. Its on my long list of ones I want to stitch. Hope your back heals soon. Take care.

Chris said...

What comfort your needle can bring when you are not feeling well! So glad that you are getting better and got so much done. I love both of these projects! I can't wait to see your new stash!

Barb said...

I love the look of the soft pink and pastels on the grey -
glad you are feeling better

Margaret said...

Oooh, I love both pieces! Nice to see you stitching again! Hope your back holds up and is feeling better. Sounds like you've been carrying too many heavy things. Although the grandkids are worth it. :D

Kay said...

Love the colours, it will look fab when it is finished.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Beautiful stitching! Look forward to seeing your new stash.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. I knocked mine out once by taking a cast iron roaster out of the oven! Not a happy feeling.

Terri said...

New stash! That's always fun. I really love the BBD sampler :D Fingers crossed to continue to mend quickly.

Melody said...

I'm glad to read that you were able to put your reclining time to use with enjoying some stitching!

Nice projects! It will be fun to see what you have decided to purchase.

Hope your back feels better

Joanie said...

Glad you're feeling better! LOVE your stitching! Isn't it great to be able to do something so relaxing while recouperating. :-)

Joanie said...

Glad you're feeling better! LOVE your stitching! Isn't it great to be able to do something so relaxing while recouperating. :-)

KathieB said...

Oh no, I am late on this. Sorry your back is bothering you. That kind of gets in the way of normal life,doesn't it? But the good thing about being a sewer/stitcher is that there's always something sedentary you can do to pass the time.