Two finishes today!
Finally able to sit at my sewing machine
and got busy putting the black & shirtings North Wind quilt together!
It started with this page out of an old Country Living magazine....
It's been tacked to the wall by my sewing machine for a LONG time!
And then when Betsy's Wrappers line came out, well I knew it was time!
Here's my rendition...
I'm pretty pleased!
9" block...in a 5 x 6 set.
I noticed in the original pic that there was a striped border,
so I followed suite, adding a 9" border of a shirtings stripe
all the way around.
I will quilt it humbly, in a utilitarian style,
just like the original in the photo!
It's a nice sofa size...63x72.
And then I got busy with my
Blackbird Designs Summer Jubilee sampler
that I started last week.
There's something to be said for determination!
And being laid up for a time with a sore back!
And in good time too, because
that stash enhancement I mentioned earlier...
It's beginning to arrive!
More on that later...I've got to get busy on my
BOAF Peace Sampler now!