Thursday, February 07, 2013

Thrifty Thursday!

I can't believe it's Thursday already!
Wooohoo!  Time to show my thrifty finds this week!
Last night after work, I chanted to myself as I drove to G'Willy's 
"Pottery honey pot!  Pottery honey pot!  Pottery honey pot!"

And guess what....
I didn't find any pottery honey pots!  
LOL  

But I DID find two little things to bring home!

 I just loved this unique covered pottery dish!
The handle!  How fun!  I love love love signed art pottery!
Especially when I find it in the dead of winter for pennies on the dollars
versus what I would have paid at the arts fairs that take place
in the summer!  

And then I spied this....


I only wish I knew more about it!  It's stamped on the bottom 'Made in Japan'.
And it's HEAVY.  Very heavy.  
Silverplated steel?
Pewter?
what?  I do not know.
But the grapes pattern is GORGEOUS and I just love this piece!!
 

So just a few bucks (less than $7)
and two fun pieces to add to the mix!

Any treasure found this week?
Do tell!

Thanks for stopping by!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Fun finds! The top on that pottery is wild!

KathieB said...

Maybe hammered aluminum? That stuff seems to show up in a lot of thrift shops these days.

Julie M said...

Love love love that heavy metal piece! I'm not much into pottery but the lid on that piece is sweet. I didn't find anything on my adventure this week.

Dawn said...

Fun finds!! No finds yet this week - but I have a few days left ;-)

Deb said...

Great treasures again, Kim! No finds for me this week. I've been really lax about checking out my favorite haunts. Maybe when it warms up a little bit more.

Catherine said...

Ooohhhh.......love, love, love the grapes!!