Friday, February 01, 2013

That Midnight Oil Thing

Wooohooo!!! 
Good morning and Happy Friday!!
My guys are on their way out to the Black Hills for a snowmobile expedition.
And I've got the day off!  A three day weekend!
A three day creative retreat!
The house to myself!

To celebrate, I stayed up very late last night.
Burning that midnight oil in order to get my New Year's quilt start finished!


So glad to have this top DONE!! 


Do you see my rogue nine patches?


They were pieced that way on purpose,
but I'm hoping they recede a bit once this is quilted!


They really seem to POP OUT in photos!  
I like that it mixes things up a bit!
When someone finds this quilt years and years from now,
it will give them something to wonder about!  ha!


So the Americana Irish Cabins New Year's quilt start is complete!
The scraps and pieces of strip sets went in to the giveaway bag!
There's still time to enter for scraps and the book!  Just go here and leave a comment!
I'll post a winner this evening!

Ah...three days!  A house to myself! 
Happy Friday!
See you later today!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Donna G. said...

Great looking quilt top!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your quilt top looks fabulous. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

Michelle said...

It's beautiful! I can't believe how fast you finished this. Love the rogue nine-patches too...that adds such a fun element. Enjoy your three-day weekend. I could use one myself!!

Joanne H. said...

Great looking top! I like the suprise of the "rogue" nine patches.

regan said...

OMG! I'm in love with this quilt! And those two rogue 9-patches are fantastic! Yeah.....give 'em something to think about years from now! lol I love it!

I just went back to your giveaway post.....how did I miss that!?! Anyway, I was supposed to say what I've been working on, and totally forgot.....but I, too, was up until 3 am this morning, cutting, sewing, and squaring up scrappy log cabin blocks with 1/2" finished logs that will be 4" when done! I using Kathie's method from Inspired by Antique Quilts, and it is a breeze when using scraps! Love it!

Anyway.....I may have to put some scraps aside for THIS quilt! I'm in love! :o)

Margaret said...

I love it! Love the rogue 9 patches too! I don't think they're as obvious when it's not laid out totally flat. Have fun with your 3 day weekend. What luxury!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous quilt!!!!!!!!! Nine Patches is one of my favorites, reminds me of my grandmother. I made several quilts with her.

Barb said...

sounds like heaven on earth!!
I love your rouge nine patches and the whole top - wonderful!!!

Kathy Barrick said...

Absolutely stunnnnnnning quilt top! Love the rogue nine patches. Can't wait to see it when it's done and washed and dried and given that perfect texture you do so well!