Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sidetracked

This is far as I've gotten on my New Year's quilt start.


I need to cut more lights, but then will be ready to sew, sew, sew!
I've been a bit sidetracked!

First, I thought I'd just whip out a quick knit.
using some Cascade EcoWool.
 

But...as things go, this "bulky" Eco Wool didn't seem to be quite the "bulky" yarn
the pattern was calling for!  
Soooo.....
 

it became this pile last night.
But have no fear.....it's now
in the process of becoming several hats!
 

This is the Man Hat.  Shouldn't take too long!
And I'm also going to knit one, maybe two, of these Simple Slouch Hats
as well!
You see, the brood is planning another snowmobile trip
at the end of the month, and they always
seem to want/need hats.
So I'm getting it out of the way early this year!

Hoping to get lots of knitting in this evening,
as I welcome this dear lady back
into my life tonight!


Are you excited about Downton Abbey too?

Happy Sunday!

*Peace!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I have the TV on so I won't forget to watch Downton. lol! I love Downton and just can't wait!!!!!

Bummer on the ripping out. But the hat looks great. The quilt fabrics look great too! Can't wait to see more on that.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love the new quilt fabbies - patriotic?

Beth said...

I recently got sucked back into knitting myself, I am working on my very first toe-up socks, I'm so happy I got brave and tried them. And I just got into watching Downton Abbey myself, all my friends watch it, I'm only on Season 1 but I'm hooked.