Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pete and Repeat

It all started with this book.  I belong to small group with a focus on reproduction quilts.  We gather once a month and just have a grand ol' time.  We typically have a project we work on in secret through the year and we unveil them at our December gathering.  This year it started with the History Repeated book.  We were to choose a quilt from the many gorgeous quilts in the book and make it for ourselves.  

Last night we gathered for the reveal!

First up was Twyla....our fearless hostess! 


 GORGEOUS!  She selected the hourglass quilt from the book and we all ooohed and aaaahed at the stunning quilt top!  Just lovely!  

Then it was time for Karen to share the quilt she chose to make....


 and we all laughed because she chose the SAME QUILT as Twyla!  Another stunning hourglass quilt!



Here are their quilts side by side!  So lovely!  By this point I was thinking how much I love that hourglass quilt and I should put it on my list!

Then it was Jo's turn to share.  And just GUESS what quilt SHE chose to make??
 OMG yes....ANOTHER hourglass quilt!!  We were really laughing at this point!  


Three...count 'em...THREE gorgeous hourglass quilts!  Reproduction fabrics abound!  They were all just stunning!

Lisa sat quietly...with a slight, friendly smile...and then it was her turn to show her quilt.

And good grief.....
 ANOTHER hourglass quilt!!!  Tooooo funny!!!!  Although Lisa did insert the tiny hourglass blocks in her quilt.  

 FOUR hourglass quilts!  And let me say that nobody shared what quilt they were working on through the year!  It was beyond funny!

Well...I was next up and no worries....no hourglass quilt from me....THIS year!  ;o)

 I chose the double nine patch blocks...brown and shirtings set with cheddar.  We all know I love me some cheddar!  

And then it was Kay's turn.....

 STUNNING!!!  Is this not fabulous!?  I love this quilt and wish it was mine, but alas...tis not to be.  I'll have to make my own!  But I loved all the color!!

Kay and I laughed that we felt as if we weren't invited to the same party as the other four...like we were left out of a secret pact or something!  ;o)


 Another year...another quilt.....and another evening filled with fun,
friends, and laughter!

For the new year, we are again going to work from the History Repeated book.
I wonder how many duplicate quilts there will be December 2013?
Too fun!

Do you belong to a small group?
Have you made any of the quilts from the History Repeated book?
Have you laughed lately?
I hope so!  :o)

*Peace!





12 comments:

Margaret said...

OMG! What fun is that? So funny! And so many beautiful, gorgeous quilts too! I wish I did belong to a quilt group. Once upon a time I did, but people moved and things changed and it's gone now. I want that book, but haven't gotten it yet, sadly.

Jackie said...

I wish I had a close group of quilting friends too. Your cheddar quilt is gorgeous.

Catherine said...

Love them all!! Perhaps you should double check next time to make sure you have the correct memo as to which quotes to make! ;)

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a fun tradition... too funny about the hourglass quilts. They are all beautiful I love me some cheddar too!

regan said...

What a scream! And what a great group! All the quilts were fantastic. And I do love me some cheddar, too! :o)

not so zen -quilts in Paris said...

Oh, you awesome girls there,these quilts are so nice and inspiring.
Lovely to see you're all in love with reproduction quilts, i have the book too and want to start right now on this cold sunday morning.All the best from Paris, Will V

LuAnn said...

What great quilts! Love each of them. You are lucky to belong to a group of such wonderful quilters. I love your cheddar and nine patches!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a great tradition - and you have to have the same next year so YOU can do the Hour Glass! I thought you were going to say everyone except you did that one! I love yours, too.

Chris said...

What a wonderful reveal! Al the quilts are just stunning! Great minds think alike.
I love the cheddar.

Barb said...

what a funny coincidence~
all the quilts are fabulous! what a lot of piecing - incredible.
I love that book too. What a great group project.
Loved them all -thanks for sharing them.

Dawn said...

That is soo funny! Love all of the quilts.
That cheddar really is wonderful!

Meredith said...

I love repro fabric. I hope to make a quilt from the book. The quilts you shared are great. I like them all.