Monday, December 17, 2012

In The Meantime....

Wow!  Where did the week go?
It seems to have flown by since my last post!
Thank you for the kind words about our repro quilts!  
We do have great fun and some of the gals are already ready to start
next year's quilt!

But not me.  I don't have a quilt in progress!
I'll start a new quilt on New Year's Day.
In the meantime....
I've been busy with other things!


  I finished my Hypotenuse Wrap from Anne Hanson aka Knitspot!
Love it and it's ready to block!  I used Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
and can confidently say it won't be the last time I knit with THAT yarn!  
Already have a sweater planned in a different colorway.  
It was lovely to knit with!

I also was suprised when the hubs asked me to knit him a hat!


So I obliged with a simple, quick hat.  Link to the pattern is here.
It was really quick....I worked on it the past couple of evenings and walaah!
He's happy!  

Then I decided to tackle some quilt binding turning that's been waiting.
 
 

I did finish this cheddar and even ran it thru the washer/dryer last night!
So now it's ready!
 

All crinkled...I love it!  My friend, Kay, did a fabulous job on the quilting 
with her freehand clamshell design!  I just love it!

And the surprise backing....
 

a Kaffe from the stash.  Good to have one done!
So I decided to get busy on another one that was waiting.
 

But my enthusiasm was short-lived on the binding.
I have about 2/3 more to do on this one!

And now I'm working on some good ol' basic 
dishcloths!
 

Mindless knitting is a good thing this week!  

I also stitched a good bit on the And They Sinned CLOUD, 
but will spare you another photo of THAT!  ha!

I like keeping busy!  
What have you been busying yourself with?

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Boy, you've been working on all sorts of things! Love seeing it all!

Catherine said...

Love all of your goodies ~ but especially that wrap!!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Love your Cheddar! I wonder, do you know which Kaffe you have for the backing? I have a piece I received in a grab bag that is plum and periwinkle and i love it, but I have no idea what it is called if I should even happen across it. What a nice colorway you had too!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on all your finishes, your Cheddar quilt is lovely

Chris said...

Gorgeous projects Kim!

Barb said...

great projects and that cheddar quilt is stunning!

Jan said...

Such nice projects. Just wish I could knit; oh well.

Deb said...

You always have so many projects going on!!! I really like that Hypotenuse Scarf. I think that I might have to make me one!!

woolwoman said...

beautiful things you have there Kim - hope your time continues to be filled with all the things you love - merry christmas Mel