Saturday, August 04, 2012

Advancing Confidently In To 47

My most favorite quote ever is from Henry David Thoreau.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . . In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness."

You wouldn't know it from the frozen state I find myself in from time to time, but I read that quote often and it truly speaks to me.

I spend time trying to make myself more brave....to make changes and do the things I really truly want to do.

As I look back, I've been Little Miss Responsible for many, many, many years...always doing what good girls should do. Always working. Always taking care of the kids and those duties that come along with raising a family.

Now that my baby is no longer a baby, and soon to leave the nest, it will just be the hubs and I...and our furry family. I think this calls for a paradigm shift.

One of my greatest fears is having much regret. I fear being stuck....in an 8 to 5 existence that does nothing for my soul and spirit. I fear not truly living the life I want to live. That creative free-spirit in me is clawing to get out.

Oh I know...she comes out from time to time...more and more as time passes. But I'm tired of her disappearing for days on end...surfacing mainly on the weekends.

Today I turn 47 years old. And I fully intend to advance confidently in to this 47th year of my life. I can't wait to see what happens!


*Peace!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day and a fantastic year!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a fabulous day; may it be filled with family and friends and fun activities from beginning to end! Happy Birthday, Kim!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Cari said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kim. I believe you're going to do just fine. Have a simply fabulous day !!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead.

regan said...

Happy Birthday! Do everything you love today!

And thanks for that quote from Thoreau.....it's quite fitting for you today, and a new start.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Mindi said...

Happy Birthday! Good for you in trying to embrace your creative side and not always doing the safe or right thing.

Littlebit said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, KK! I feel like I just read a cliffhanger! LoL!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Happy birthday, Kim! Sounds like you've got exactly the right attitude. You go, girl!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

♫♪♫  Happy Birthday, Kim ♫♪♫ 

I hope this year will be one that only begins to allow the courageous one out - for good You will see that my saying, The older I get, the more like me I become, is oh, so true!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Kim!!
Wishing you joy in what this year brings!

Catherine said...

Whoo~hoo! Hope your birthday was fabulous and that this coming year brings you all you wish for and more!!

valerie said...

Hope you had a nice birthday Kim!