Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday So Far!

I've finished up a couple things today! What a great feeling that is!

Last night I finished binding off the Noro Blanket Shawl that I started when we left for Dallas!


This morning I enjoyed CBS Sunday Morning and wove in all the ends while I watched!


So it's officially done and I officially love it! I think I got that southwestern blanket feel I was going for! And it's so snuggly! Can't wait for a chill in the air so I can wear it!


With a great feeling of accomplishment, I decided to dig in my purse and pull out the socks that have been living in there for the past couple years (no exaggeration!). I only had toe decrease and kitchener left, so decided to finish those up too!



I quickly cast on another pair of socks, which will again reside in my purse for those times when I'm stranded at the office over lunch hours, or stuck behind a train, etc. Great to have something like that on hand to pass the time!

I cast on two other projects, just to get them in the beginning stages. I'm doing Citron, and also the Milk Run Shawl. One completely mindless (Milk Run...so named because it's designed after the shawl that Kate Middleton wore on a quick trip to the grocery...you know, for milk!) and the other easy but a little more involved! Both have been in my Ravelry queue with yarn at the ready, so it feels good to get things started that have been waiting in the wings! I'll show you some progress once there's enough to photograph!

And now...I'm STITCHING! AAACK! I KNOOOOOW! You thought I had FORGOTTEN that I thoroughly enjoy sampler stitching! ha! Nope...didn't forget! I plan to stitch the rest of Sunday away!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice!!!

Tracey said...

Beautiful!

Erica said...

Your shawl is just lovely!

Chris said...

You are on a roll! That blanket is so beautiful.
Yea for sampler stitching!

Catherine said...

Love, love, love it!!!! I can so see this with a crisp white shirt and a pair of jeans, finished off with an awesome pair of boots!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

This southwestern is great, and I love the Milk Run. Which color will you choose for it?