Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The State of Things

Thought I best pop in here and post! I notice I tend to update the blog more on the weekends. Geez...do you think that 8 to 5 stressor gets in the way of my fun and creativity? Ahem...perhaps! ;o)

Anyhoo...here's the state of things since last weekend!

I finished my Camp Loopy project!


This is the Boneyard Shawl knitted in Kollage Riveting. I LOVE it! It's lightweight and I think it will be great for a cool summer evening!

I've also added two new books to the quilting library.


Both are absolutey wonderful! Highly recommend! Opposite ends of the spectrum but I found many quilts in both books that are on the "Yes! Make that!" list!

And speaking of quilts....I had a couple requests for the pattern I used in my last Indigo and Cheddar quilt. I actually used the Puss In The Corner pattern from the 101 Fabulous Rotary Cut Quilts book. Super simple block! Hope that helps!

And in other news...this happened tonight...


AAAACK! I ran out of yarn! I've got an SOS out on Ravelry so hoping I can find just one more skein of the Diakeito Diamusse in colorway 41! This is the Haiti Scarf, and I'm loving it! I'm using a larger needle and making it more shawl than scarf. Now to find some more of that yarn!

Until next time...

*Peace!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hope someone can help you with that yarn. Such a bummer! It's so pretty! Love your finish too. And the new books. I'd been eyeing that first one a bit.

woolwoman said...

Congrats on finishing your Camp Loopy project - I found a boneyard buried when I was stash diving the other day - poor neglected bones. Are you doing CL2 ? I don't think I can knit 800 yards in a month - I am still struggling to finish my CL1 project but I am at the 1/2 way point now. See you around the campfire! mel