Thursday, May 03, 2012

Crying TIME OUT!

I'm sure you know how hectic life can get. And sometimes you just feel like you're at your breaking point. That's the track my train is on! Working 40+ hours a week is stressful enough, but then when you don't REALLY get your two day weekends to pursue creative endeavors, well....I get kinda cranky! Do you know where I'm coming from? My job is anything but creative, and lately I've been coming home and just plopping myself down in my chair, bending down to pick up my knitting, and vegging out while watching hockey. That's about all I can muster!

Well..I'm crying TIME OUT! Yep...enough! I scheduled myself off tomorrow AND Monday...so I've got four wonderful days ahead of me to do my THANG! Tomorrow will be filled with appointments and errands that never seem to all get done on a weekend. And I'm okay with that. Because I will still have THREE DAYS to follow my bliss! Aaaaah! I can't wait!

I did accomplish something while watching hockey this past week.


The Lacy Baktus scarf is done! It's on top of the "to be blocked" pile. I hope to get some blocking done over the course of the next four days!

Also plan to use these...


to make something I hope turns out cool! And if it works out as planned, I'll let you know and they'll be in my Etsy shop! Heck...I'll let you know even if they DON'T turn out as planned! ;o)

And lest you think I have forgotten my sampler stitching, behold!


DMC is in the house so I can finish up Maria P Oliver! And some new linen arrived today as well! But...true to my word in January, I won't start anything new until I've finished a January start. So am hoping to get some needle time in too!

Maria is in here....


geez....somewhere! I need to stitch more!

And of course there will be time spent down in the quilt den! So exciting!

Tonight, however, I am assuming my position in the chair, watching hockey, and knitting...


on this! It's my MadMay project from the Madelinetosh Lovers board on Ravelry. This yarn is DELICIOUS! This is slow-going because I keep pausing and gazing at the knitting as it comes off the needles...and I am in love! This will eventually be the Mara shawl , and the gorgeous yarn...Madelinetosh MCN 80/10/10 in the Earl Grey colorway. I am in love!

Hope your day has been grand and I look forward to sharing my four day time out with you via blog posts!

*Peace!

7 comments:

KathieB said...

Have a fabulous and productive weekend! Love all your projects--that little bowtie quilt: <3 <3

Margaret said...

I'm glad you'll have 3 days to do some crafty goodness. Such pretty projects too! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the mod podge etc. :D

Delania said...

I know how you feel. Working full time leaves little time on the weekends for fun projects. Have fun on your time off.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Enjoy your 'time out' I can't wait to see what projects will catch your fancy.

Cari said...

ENJOY your time off!! I'll be looking forward to your blog updates!! Hugs

Katrina said...

Hope your time off is relaxing :-)!!!!

woolwoman said...

Love your Mara for MADMAY - hope you have lots of time on your 4day to do what you want to do - ENJOY! Mel