Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Rundown And A Doll Quilt For Avery....

Are you having a great weekend? I certainly am! I kicked off the weekend by loading up some handwork....


and headed out to Twyla's for our repro group get together. Always a grand time, I worked on quilt binding, yacked, and laughed. Not necessarily in that order!

Twyla had finished machine quilting a quilt for me....


so I came home with another for the 'needs binding' pile!

Saturday was spent mostly with the hubs...lunching...shopping....and then home for some knitting. Except I wasn't liking what I was seeing come off the needles.


Bleck! This Spirit Trailworks Sunna was not looking as wonderful as it should in this pattern. Not enjoying the way the colors were settling, I ripped the whole thing out and went in search of a new pattern.

And I found it!


I worked on it this morning and yes....This is working much better for me!

This afternoon I decided it was time to go down and take care of that quilt in progress!


and succeeded!

Another quilt top done! 30s and a Westminster print....such fun color, it was a joy to work on!


and with the leftovers....


a doll quilt for Avery!

I hope you're enjoying an equally enjoyable weekend! I'm off to knit...and stitch! Happy Sunday!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Cari said...

Oh my goodness you are one busy gal. I like your 2nd pattern choice for the yarn too!! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL. You truly have an eye for color. Hugs

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

I recognize that awesome pillar print backing!!!! Cant wait to see it bound!!

KathieB said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me--all that sewing and knitting interspersed with time with friends AND getting tooken out to eat. Love it.

Margaret said...

Nice stuff! I loooove that quilt!!!!!! Love love love! The colors! Yum! The second choice for your knitting is great! I can see why the first choice wasn't sitting well with you. Love that quilt that you got quilted too -- so pretty! Nice that you had the get-together. Definitely sounds like a good weekend!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Glad you're having a great weekend. Wow... I can't believe what a difference their is in the two knitting projects with the same yarn. I can see why the 1st one wasn't working for you.
Love the quilt you got back from the machine quilter and the lovely colors of the one you're piecing.
Hope you found some time to stitch today.

woolwoman said...

WOW Kim - that quilt is gorgeous - I can't believe how fast you crank those tops out. I'm sure it would be a life project for me LOL - glad you did not invest any more time in the scarf you did not warm up to. Life is too short and free time too precious to work on things you are not totally happy with - have a great week ! Mel

Katrina said...

Looks like a fun weekend to me!!! Everything is gorgeous and I especially love the little doll quilt for Avery :-).

Tolentreasures said...

Love all of your finishes! That little doll quilt is adorable and the scarf, so pretty!

Cathy