Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Got To Be Startin' Something

I seem to have a case of startitis!

Knitting startitis anyway! Sunday I cast on two new projects.


On the left is the Sunday Market Shawl and on the right...yep...it's yet another Noro Striped Scarf! This one will be somewhat neutral and will stay with me. That's the plan anyway!

There was NOT, however, any startitis in the sampler stitching department. True to my word...must finish one of my January starts before I can even think of starting something new!

I've pulled Mary Prentice 1831 out and got down to business.


I'm loving the colors, the linen, and just then entire process with her.

We're on the southern edge of that Dakotas Blizzard...which means we have rain...which means we have ice...which means it's very slippery....which means I fell in the driveway. Of course! I'm such a clutz! My dad used to always call me Grace..and that's not my middle name! ;o) As the evening wears on, I'm wincing more and it's even uncomfortable to STITCH! *GASP!!! I know!!!! *sigh* So I'm going to sit and at least hold knitting in my lap and wait for the Advil to do it's thing! At least there's good TV on tonight! PARENTHOOD! Wooohooo! And then I'll hit the DVR menu and watch The Real Housewives of the OC!

Happy Tuesday Evening!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Ouch! Hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly! Yeah, we're going to get messy stuff tomorrow. We shall see how bad it is. I hate icy. Wish it would either stay snow or stay rain. Pretty new knitting! Nice Mary too!

carol fun said...

Hope the Advil does the trick! I am afflicted with startitis - but I don't think I want a cure. I like all my different projects - it keeps life interesting. Be careful out there!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I hope your heal quickly... ouch!
Lots of rain here but there's a good chance it will all turn to ice by tomorrow. Yuk! So hard to walk the pups on ice coated sidewalks and streets. Mary looks great... love the cheerful colors. Nice knitting projects too... hope you get to keep it this time.

Chris said...

Mary, Be safe and be careful. I hope that you are feeling better soon.
Mary is looking great!

Deb said...

Nothing wrong with Startitis!! I hope that you're better soon - I hate icy stuff. We must be getting what you had - small ice storm this morning and now it's warming up and slushy.

milly said...

Hi

Just found your blog.

Your projects look great especially the sampler.

Hope you recover quickly from your fall.

Melissa said...

OUCH! Sorry about the fall! Hope you aren't too sore this morning. Great starts! You are quickly becoming KnittyKim instead of KwiltyKim!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Did you notice that the market scarf matches Mary? I Love them both! Ice - we had 80 yesterday!

Threeundertwo said...

Sorry about your fall! I love the colors in that sampler.