Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rewind to Saturday

Yesterday I....


baked a cake. And it was good! Homemade chocolate whipped ganache finished it off just right...not too sweet!

I also pulled fabrics....


for the next quilt! A look to spring, perhaps? The colors made me smile!

And then I walked away from the fabrics.....and picked up some yarn to knit a hat for the Jakester. They're leaving on Wednesday for 4 days in Laramie, WY to snowmobile and I thought it only right that he have a new nice warm hat. I decided on the Wurm hat...for it's coolness factor.

And this morning...this is what I have.


UGH! A lovely pile of charcoal Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. In a fit of silent semi-rage, I ripped the whole thing out at approximately 12:30AM this morning. LOL I was not a fan of the folderover double thickness band. Probably because mine was twisted a bit after I folded it and knit it. Frustrating! Today I'm going with a good ol' 1x1 rib for the band! We'll see how it goes!

Today I'll also be selecting and starting a 4th sampler! Check back later to see what I've chosen! I haven't quite decided yet...so I'll be surprised too!

Happy Sunday!!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Deb said...

I feel your pain on the knitting!!!! I've been struggling on a scarf for my DD for what seems like forever. Finally, on Friday I figured it out. Now I'm sick of looking at the thing. Hope that this go around goes better.

BTW, I'm coming over for cake - is there any left?

Suburban Stitcher said...

bummer on the knitting! that always stinks when it's not going quite right and you have to unknit so much work! good luck...and eat a piece of cake to console yourself.

Margaret said...

Oh those fabrics. Sigh. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you end up making with them! Bummer on the knitting. :( I hate when that sort of thing happens. Looking forward to seeing what new sampler you start. :D

Laurie in Iowa said...

A touch of spring is perfect for a cold winter day. Those fabrics are lovely. Sorry about the hat not working out... bummer. I'll be back later to see which sampler you've started.

Mindi said...

That cake looks totally yummy! Congratulations on not eating half of it after the knitting fiasco, I'm not sure if I'd have been able to control myself in the same situation.

Jackie said...

I just started a hat with a fold over band. Ugh! If it doesn't work well, I'll be ripping too.

The cake looks wonderful!

Melissa said...

Very cool hat! Can I call dibs on the quilt? I love those colors!