Friday, December 23, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung....

Okay...they're not really actually hanging...but they're done!


Nothing like last minute huh? But I made myself go down and finish them off with the faux fur cuffs this evening.

I found this fur for the cuffs.


It's actually this...


But the pile was right..the color was right...it was just....well...right! So I bought the plush throw and cut it so that the already-finished edge was the edge of the cuffs. Less work for me! ;o)


I think they'll work! And they're easy enough to add more...and more and more...as the family grows!

Now if I only had a fireplace mantle on which to hang them! Must improvise....

*Peace!

5 comments:

KathieB said...

Very nice! Best of all--done. Merry Christmas!!

Catherine said...

Adorable! What a great idea for the cuffs!

Margaret said...

Love them! You are so clever about the cuffs! I was just thinking the hems on the cuffs look so nice! lol! Better save that throw for the future! Happy Christmas! (We've had a fireplace since we were married. But when I was small, we didn't have one and I worried so much about how Santa would get in. Sniff)

Cathy Lloyd said...

So smart Kim! I'm like Margaret and was just thinking how great those hems were! HA! Congrats on another fine finish! Enjoy your knitting!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Clever solution for the cuffs. They look great. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.