Saturday, October 08, 2011

I'd Rather Not Know!

I'd rather not know how many squares are in this quilt! I'm just glad it's DONE! Finally!


I'm sure I can do the math...but again...I'd rather not know! I just know there are a LOT!


And I know this quilt took a little longer than normal...what with Bernina issues and whatnot, it's been in the works for about 2 months! EEEEEK!


It was driving me nuts...not having this one done. We all know I'm a 'one at a time' quilter....so I needed to get this one DONE! So I can start another!

And I thought it was going to need a border to fit the bed, but look!


No border necessary! It fits perfect! And I even have enough blue fabric leftover for the binding!

Finally...it's done! And we'll just say that's a LOT of squares......

*Peace!

12 comments:

Cari said...

It IS a lot of squares....and they are BEAUTIFUL. EXCELLENT piecing Kim. Congratulations!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

That is a lot of squares... but it's beautiful. Congrats on your finish.

Mimi said...

Beautiful quilt, I'd be proud if I made it too!! Congrats on the finish... maybe your next one will have fewer squares? hehehe

Jan said...

I love this top! Isn't it amazing how versatile the basic quilt blocks are? This looks kind of woven to me.

Catherine said...

Beautiful!!

Margaret said...

That's a whole lotta squares! It's gorgeous! Glad it fits the bed so nicely too.

Sherry :o) said...

That is beautiful. Wonderful finish. On to the next, congrats on the finish!

Jackie said...

I kept scrolling back up to look at it - it's beautiful!

Cindy said...

Beautiful quilt and pattern..and i love, love the colors! ..congratulations :D....what pattern is it...i have not seen this one before?

Jayne said...

Kim, the quilt looks magnificent! I am green with envy. I'm trying to figure out the blocks. You certainly had to plan how those 9-patches went together in order for it to look perfect! I do love it. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be a one-quilt-at-a-time quilter, but I love starting things. It's not unusual for me to have a half a dozen projects going at any given time. It'd probably drive you nuts!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!!! It's fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere around 6000 - sorry I couldn't help it. I always want to know!