Sunday, October 23, 2011

....and then it was over.

We arrived at our retreat destination Thursday evening.....


Living Waters Retreat Center on Lake Poinsett provided a beautiful facility with awesome lake views...

Lots of great room for sewing!


And there was a lot of that happening! A lot of sewing...laughing...eating....laughing...sewing...laughing...

A lot of show and tell...






Yes...there were lots of beautiful quilts being shown...



And I did get quite a bit done myself!

Yes I know...another nine patch! I never tire of them!


Love the fabrics!


A great Jo Morton pattern from her Coming Home book.


I was given grief for #1 - not bringing a ton of different projects and #2 - for getting the projects I brought along finished.


I resorted to applique after my piecing projects were finished.


and there was knitting on the ride home....


....and then it was over.

Many thanks to Twyla for organizing such a wonderful weekend! A great time was had, new friends were made, the muscles you use for laughing were engaged....it was a fabulous 3 days!

*Peace!

7 comments:

regan said...

Thanks for sharing such a fun retreat! Great quilts....they are all so beautiful.....is the one just before the Burgoyne Surround made with yo-yo's?

Jan said...

Retreats go by so quickly, don't they? You accomplished much, and I loved seeing all of the great projects!

Cari said...

Good for you...so much fun it looks like!! I love retreats. Your work is amazing!! You are speedy, speedy, speedy !!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Glad you had a good time. I loved looking at all the beautiful quilts.

Jeanne said...

There's nothing like a retreat to refresh the spirit! Glad you finished up some projects - I always take way more than I can get done...just in case you know.

I'm going with my quilting buddies over Veterans Day weekend...we are all counting the days.

Deb said...

Glad you had such a fabulous time. Looks truly amazing.

Siobhan said...

Wow!! What amazing projects--fantastic! I'm glad that you had a good time!