Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Playing w/Paint

We're having wonderful weather here in South Dakota! This morning I decided to play with some paint and tackle a revamp project!


This is one of those things I picked up on a G'Willy jaunt with an idea in mind!


The shape reminded me of a spider web and I immediately envisioned it black....and part of the seasonal decor in the fall! It's solid walnut.


I rubbed some BriWax on the edges and in other spots.
Then I grabbed the flat black spray paint.


Once it was coated and dried.....I began to rub....


and rub...and rub....all along the edges where the BriWax was applied.
It gave it a nice light distressing!


I sealed it with some satin poly and walaaah!


I pulled out a bag of pumpkin pod things I've had stored and decided to bring my big giant hurricane (also compliments of a G'Willy trip) into the season.


I also let some of my Tom Clark gnomes come out to play...


mischievous little fellas!

Happy Sunday!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Very nice results! I'm so not into paint and wax. lol! Something I've never touched. I guess I need to learn. Nice gnomes and hurricane pumpkiny stuff too!

Mindi said...

Love the decorating, and thanks for showing pics of how you used the Briwax and paint to get the aged look. I'll definitely have to try that with something.

Tracey said...

Love it! I wish I could look at something and envision it as something else. Thanks for sharing :^)

Laurie in Iowa said...

The bowl looks fantastic... just perfect for the season.

valerie said...

Great finds! You did a great job on that bowl!

Cindy said...

great job on the finish! i love how it looks :D

Catherine said...

Very nice!! Love your display!

Katrina said...

I love, love, love what you did with the bowl, too pretty!!!!