Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Shibori Sunday Morning

Quite a while ago....a while, as in years, I stumbled across a gal on Facebook that dyed ribbon. Beautiful Shibori ribbons. I purchased a kit.



Etsy is a wonderful thing! Her kits are available here.

This kit has sat idle....actually under some silk floss, linen and such in a drawer. Yesterday I was digging around in said drawer and rediscovered the kit!

This morning, I opened the kit.


It looked pretty straightforward so I decided to tackle it with my morning coffee today.


Ahem....it's not perfect! Not by any means!


Though I chose a different ribbon colorway than what is pictured on the kit, I don't see much similarity, but...flowers are all different...right? ;o)

I think it will look dandy on a denim jacket! The ribbon is so beautiful!

Are you a fan of shibori?

*Peace!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Looks pretty good to me! Never seen Shibori before -- have to check it out.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Looks real pretty to me.

Deb said...

I think that your flower looks wonderful. I have never seen those before, but they're really pretty. I should take a look at the kits (or maybe not....LOL). I need another thing to do like a hole in the head!

Penny said...

I've never heard of Shibori but your flower is beautiful.

Sherry :o) said...

Well I think for a first try, it looks pretty good. I love the colors of your flower! I have not seen Shibori either, will have to check it out.

shiborigirl said...

not bad for a first one! i've made many and you can see some of them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdolce/sets/72157600716925873/

did you look at the youtube video that was linked on the bottom of the instructions? it gives you a little more help...if needed.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I, too, have purchased from Glennis ~ an assorted pack of ribbon remnants that she had on her blog! We saw her this spring at the quilt show in Cinci ~ her booth was beautiful with all that color displayed against black backdrops!! I also have some of her indigo fabrics ~ love it all! And I think your flower looks FABULOUS!!!