Monday, August 15, 2011

I'll Trade Ya' a Pumpkin for a Turkey!

You may recall I pulled some colorful threads for a new stitching start this past weekend.


Don't you love them? So colorful and fun! I was all set, or so I thought, to start this....


but my linen stash is waning and I couldn't find anything dark enough. Drats! I've got an order on the way for some Weeks Dye Works linen in Chestnut, thanks to those wonderful ladies at the Silver Needle.

In the meantime, I've started yet another piece!


Sticking with an autumnal theme....


trading the pumpkin head people for "Thomas".

I think he will be an enjoyable stitch! My pal, Blogless Karen, stitched him up and I fell in love and so now it's my turn to stitch my own Thomas the Turkey!

Have you started anything new in the stitching department?

*Peace!

6 comments:

Gabi said...

Ohh...Thomas is a beauty. He will look lovely. So will your pumpkin once the fabric arrives.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love both designs. It's a good idea to get a head start on fall stitching.

carol fun said...

You can't lose with either of these designs! I recently started BBD Willow House on a lovely piece of Tobacco Cashel - 28 ct. Think deep pumpkin pie color - I think it will be a lovely piece for autumn. Happy stitching-

Shelly said...

Nice starts. I don't believe I've ever seen the first design. I recently started a little Halloween design by The Stitcherhood on 14ct fiddler lite aida; a nice break from the 36ct fabric I was working on before.

Margaret said...

Oh I love both your new start picks! It's annoying to have to wait for linen to come, isn't it? Ugh. Love the pumpkin heads, and love Thomas too! I guess you're gearing up for fall already. Eek!

Mindi said...

I saw your post today with the start on Tom the Turkey and immediately had to pull the pattern and some floss when I got home from work. Thank you for inspiring me!