Friday, August 05, 2011

Fun Times!

Yesterday, along with our esteemed President, I turned another year older. To celebrate, I had a lovely dinner with my friend, Blogless Kwilty Karen, on Wednesday evening. We were living on the wild side and decided to enjoy some great salads at Panera Bread. We are SO wild...we shut that place DOWN! Ahem...never mind they close at 9:00. ;o)

Karen is such a sweetheart and she makes the most drool-worthy quilts. She works with 30s quite often and I always love the quilts she makes. But I don't have 30s in my stash....because I don't do pastel....or pink.....or pastel.....or anything remotely "sweet"...or pastel.

Well...


now, thanks to Karen, I have some 30s in the stash. Of course we both laughed when I immediately said "well I'll just overdye them"....because I always say that about anything that seems remotely "sweet" or pastel! Thank you for the lovely gift, and the fun evening out, Karen!!

Last night, with another year under my belt, I spent the evening knitting...


and the Noro Striped Scarf is moving along! You can tell you're getting either a) old or b) content when you're excited to be staying home on your birthday evening so you can knit! I should also say my hubs is up in Canada fishing. But please don't feel sorry for me! Believe me, he almost didn't go on the trip because he knew the dates were going to fall over my birthday. Honestly dear...it's just another day honey...Go! Go fishing! I'll be perfectly fine ordering a pizza...in my PJs....knitting....and controlling the remote! ;o) Happy birthday to me!

And to further the celebration, I had today off from the office. It's been a nice lazy day...filled with some knitting, lots of web surfing, a little this...a little that....and some prep work!

Prepping because I received this in the mail the other day...


Fun huh? A fabric postcard!

Blogless Kwilty Karen and I, and 5 other ladies, are in a quilting small group together....a group that has a fondness for reproduction/civil war quilts.

Tomorrow...


we're having a day long....dawn to late night sewing retreat! Are these not the cutest invites! Karen and Kay are co-hosting the event at Kay's clubhouse. I'll be up before the dawn....getting ready to make the short trip north for a day of fun!

In the meantime, this evening,


I'm trying to get some strip sets done so I can make great progress during the day tomorrow on the next quilt! I'm also packing the knitting, and the applique quilt...you know, for some diversity!

Looking forward to fun times...this evening...tomorrow...and the rest of the weekend! Hope you're doing something fun too!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy happy birthday! Hey, I like your idea of a fun birthday! lol! Hope you have a great time at the retreat tomorrow. Can't wait to see the quilty results! Love the 30's fabbies -- I have some in my stash, but that's about it. So you have the same b'day as the president, and I was born the same year as the president. So there! lol!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like my kind of celebration - and a wonderful weekend ahead as well. Enjoy your time - can't wait to see all that you accomplish!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Happy Belated Birthday greetings. Sounds like you're spreading out the birthday fun. Enjoy your day long retreat. Can't wait to see what you create.

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday! You will have such a great time sewing with your friends. I know I do. There are several groups I sew with, and whichever group I'm with, there always seems to be such a sense of comeraderie! Have a great time!!

Sherry :o) said...

Happy Birthday, Kim! One of my favorite adult bday memories was spent away from home, with my stitching friends. I had two bday cakes, cool presents and best of all - great friends where ever you looked!

Enjoy your weekend - post the progress/finish for sure!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Have a great day sewing with friends! Love that postcard, love, love, love it! Sounds like a perfect birthday to me!

mdgtjulie said...

I hope you have a good time at your retreat. Where are you going? I hope it's somewhere close!!! Lovely card. I'm the one with the big butt, lol. The scarf looks lovely, and I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. I don't usually do much for mine either. Dinner with mom, and my sister usually calls and we talk for a couple of minutes. We're poles apart, so we tend to tread carefully in our discussions.

woolwoman said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kim - OH WOW - I'm so proud of you - your Noro scarf is looking so wonderful - I love your color combinations and see you are doing just fine LOL!!!!!!! Glad you had a nice b-day and that you did some *retreating* with friends - nothing better than doing what you want to do on your special day! Have a great week - Mel

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kim!! I think you party in the most excellent of ways!

Karen said...

I'm glad you like your 30s prints and you go right ahead and overdye them.... I totally expect that. LOL And I will close down Panera's with you anytime!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Happy belated bday! I love that fabric postcard- it's lovely.