Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Diversion From My Aversion

The retreat day yesterday was WONDERFUL! Kay and Blogless Karen were the most gracious of hostesses! There were lovely retreat gifts...


so nice! Great food...loads of laughs.

My beloved Bernina started whining something fierce. *SIGH* I think it has a belt issue, from the sound of it. Thank goodness for friends with extra machines! Kay was so nice and let me use one of her Bernina's....


so there was some sewing accomplished! 284 blocks done....almost all of the remaining strip sets done...and then there will be 283 more blocks to do!

To know Kay is to love her...and to know Kay is to know that she is *THE* *PINK* *AFICIONADO*. She LOVES pink. The walls of her clubhouse...pink...well, except for one that's green, but otherwise...they're pink. And she's had pink hair a time or two...which looks great on her, by the way! To know me is to know I typically don't prefer pink. But I survived and didn't even dream of all things pink!

Was it just a diversion? The laughter...and fun...a diversion to the aversion?

Hmmm....I'm not sure. Another retreat souvenir that came home with me is starting to grow on me.


Pink....these are lovely...even though they're pink.

I'm starting to reconsider pink.....at least in an overdyed way. A little rosiness in my future? We shall see!

Thanks again, ladies, for a fabulously fun day!!

*Peace!

5 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time, and Kay let you use her extra machine. I can't imaging getting that much done in a day! Wow, color me impressed!

kayp said...

thank you for the fun day! and um yeah, i do like me some PINK!

Margaret said...

Glad you had a great time at the retreat! Your blocks are looking pretty so far -- I hope your poor Bernina gets fixed soon. :( As for pink -- I actually like pink. Just not an overload of pink. And it has to be the right kind of pink. lol!

Katrina said...

Glad you had such a fun day!!!! Hope your sewing machine gets fixed quickly.

Karen said...

Yes, we had tons of fun... didn't we? And I love, love, love my book.... thanks again!