Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oh Yeah....the SOCK!

It's been a couple weeks since I've shown updates on THE SOCK! Well....this past week, I had a 'moment'. An "A-HA!" moment when finally, for some reason, having turned 6 other heels in the past, the whole process just really CLICKED for me!


I tweeted this Hallelujah moment! I turned this heel like I actually knew what I was DOING!


It was a beautiful experience.

And THEN I picked up those gusset stitches and proceeded to pretend I was a real actual sock knitter!

This morning I finished all the decreases!


Ready to knit the rest of the foot!

The sock is making progress!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Beth said...

They're beautiful! I want to start a pair one of these days, I haven't finished a pair of socks in forever. I hate the gussett too, I get so nervous when it's getting to that point and it's such a relief after it's done.

Deb said...

Socks scare the heck out of me, but when you make them I want to try. I need warm socks in the winter.

Margaret said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're a real sock knitter now. I'm just a sock knitter wannabe. lol!

carol fun said...

Love the sock! Once it clicks you are hooked - I'm sure this will lead to many more great socks!
Oh now this is a Twilight Zone moment - the word verification for my post includes the word "sock" - LOL!

mdgtjulie said...

Nothing feels better than knowing what you are doing! Grats on your epiphany!

Erin said...

I think you are doing a fabulous job! I am just learning...just finished my first pair..second pair half done..so keep going!!