Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Little Housework


It was a relaxing, yet somewhat active, weekend, so there wasn't much sewing happening. I did get a little 'housework' done. You may recall my quilt den is located in the basement...so it was a wonderful place to be during this scorching heatwave we've been enduring!


This pattern just cements the fact that I detest paper piecing...but I paper pieced that dang flag. That fills my paper-piecing quota for the year. BLECK!

I've got the main house components put together. Next up...the log cabin foundation. Then it gets appliqued down.


I'm still playing with fabrics for other parts of the quilt, but "Climbing Up On Saffron Hill" is coming along!

In other news, I added to the yarn stash this week with these lovelies...


It was the least I could do. I had to sit thru a long and very boring insurance conference, so this is my reward! ;o) It's some yummy Skinny Bugga! from The Sanguine Gryphon! Gorgeous colors (these are Sea Star and Sitticus Jumping Spider)...scrumptious cashmere....yes...my reward! Already seeking out some great wrap/stole patterns to use these in!

I hope your weekend's been a relaxing one with working A/C, and little to no housework!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, the Sue Spargo quilt is looking so pretty! I love English paper piecing, but the other kind not so much. :D Love that yarn too! Housework -- blech.

Laurie in Iowa said...

The yarn colors are luscious. Love the Sue Spargo quilt, but detest foundation paper piecing.

mdgtjulie said...

Actually, it has been relaxing and I'm content. For now. But I'm working on Jesus today, and I've already had to frog him once (he's cursed), so that could change with more frogging. I've worked on him four Sundays in a row , and I've had to frog something every time. Sigh, he WILL get done. Love your house for the quilt. It's lovely. I haven't paper piece, but I can barely cut a straight line, so I'm sure I would hate it. It looks really good though, so keep your chin up!! Your yarn is gorgeous too. I like the pinky one best. Sooooo pretty. Too bad I can't knit or crochet!

Deb said...

I know what you mean about paper piecing - I'm not a fan of it either. But there are just some times when we have to do it. I love that house that you put together. This is really going to be a great quilt when you're finished with it. Are you machine appliqueing?

Love those yarns too - they so yummy. Makes me want to knit - well, maybe when it's cooler. It's hotter than Hades around here too.

NancyNoBlogBlogs said...

Love the Sue Spargo quilt. I really like to paper piece so I may need to order the pattern.

woolwoman said...

Love the quilt progress kim - those house quilts that BBD does always appeal to me but I keep resisting - I figure I hook - I can't quilt too. OOH LA LA BUGGA goodness ! I wonder if you are using those two together - if you are have you looked at Stephen West Daybreak? Lots of people who did the Camp Loopy One used that pattern - I have it que'd on RAV - Love it and I want to do one sometime soon however I am busy now with CL II - trying to get enthused about knitting mittens - HA ! - the only good thing about it is trying the lucious 3 Irish Girls Glenhaven worsted which to me is very similar to Bugga. Happy knitting - let me know what pattern you decide on. Mel