Monday, July 04, 2011

Down the Road and Back Again!

I just put the last border on Plantation Road!


It's done!!


All 94 x 107 inches of it!


All fabrics came from my stash. Yes...I know...it's pathetic that I have large quantities of running yardage, but I make no apologies. ;o) I'm THRILLED with the border print. It's a Paula Barnes piece that ties the whole thing together!


The other fabrics are a mixture. Some civil war, some Jo Morton, some French General, some William Morris, a few Kona Bays. And I think they all get along great! I don't usually stay 'within a line' of fabrics or even within a certain type (i.e. only civil war repros), yet I hope my quilts still have that old scrappy feel I'm going for.

While it seemed like a LOT of piecing (okay..it WAS a lot of piecing), it wasn't all that daunting and I can't wait to get this one quilted and on the bed!

*Peace!

15 comments:

KathieB said...

Amazing that you completed this so fast. You are far better than I at shutting yourself in the sewing room and getting to work. It looks terrific!

Jayne said...

It's a beauty, Kim! I bow down before you, O Great Piecing One!
:)

Gabi said...

Wow, that was fast. And it looks fantastic. Congrats

Margaret said...

Ok, you can send it to me now that it's done. lol! It's gorgeous!!!! Beauteous! I love it! You have such a great eye for color! Congrats on the finish -- stunning!

Laurie in Iowa said...

That's one big gorgeous quilt. Congrats on the finish.

Kathy said...

That's a beautiful quilt. I'm always amazed about how fast you whip these up!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I think you're amazing! Love, love it, and can't wait to see it on the bed!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Very pretty, Kim! I love the blue and red floral pattern in the center section of the quilt.

Cari said...

Kim it is one spectacular beauty !! Congrats on this one. Amazing, just simply amazing.... Hugs

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I love the mix of fabrics that you used for this quilt and I think it's great that you have larger quantities of yardage. It sure comes in handy when searching for border fabrics!

Jan said...

It's so pretty, and you sewed it up so quickly!
Whenever I check my yardage, it doesn't seem quite right, so I have to go buy more; darn.

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the finishing. I was thinking to myself, I like the way your nine patches have centers in them, but I bet you had to piece your butt off!!!

Lisa said...

I love how your quilt turned out! I have tons of repro fabrics, too, and I combine them like you do. I see so many quilts made from just one fabric line, and I think it makes them kind of dull. You need some "off" fabrics to make it sparkle.

Great job1

Deb said...

All those fabrics played so well with each other. I love this quilt Kim!!

Heather said...

I too love a quilt made from a variety of fabrics that just look great together rather than coming from one line. I remember when all our quilts were made that way and there were no "lines" of fabric. Wow that sure makes me sound old! Anyway, great job it is a beauty.