Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Too Much Fun!

It's been tons of fun around the house the last few days.

Avery came to spend the day....


and let me tell you...she is one little dynamo! Needless to say there wasn't much weekend sewing going on while she was here!

But I DID sit down and do some pedal-to-the-metal sewing BEFORE her arrival.


I'm making a little progress. You know me...it's always 'go big or go home' as far as quilts go. Yep...this is another oversized queen in the making.


MAYBE I'll get it put together by the end of this coming weekend. Maybe. I catch a few minutes of sewing here and there before work...and sometimes after.

I've also went the 'go big or go home' route when it comes to luxury yarns too. But seriously....


how can you resist this? Cashmere and wool goodness. And the color....


LOVE me some Lubber Grasshopper. If you're not familiar with The Sanguine Gryphon line of yarn, you're missing out! Check out their website! Too much fun!
I've decided to use this lovely skein of Bugga! and participate in my first official KAL on Ravelry. I love Anne Hanson and all of her Knitspot patterns. I'm delving into my very first foray in knitting lace, but going with the easiest pattern I could find. The Hypoteneuse scarf will be cast on soon! I'm jumping in!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm in love with the yarn... what fabulous colors. Sweet Avery... I bet you both enjoyed each others company.

mdgtjulie said...

Gorgeous yarn, and I love the quilt fabbies. Can't wait to see your progress on both!!

Margaret said...

Aw, Avery is definitely worth not stitching or sewing -- such a cutie! Love the glimpses of the quilt. And the yarn. Sigh........ Want........

Cari said...

Oh Kim..your sweet Avery is ADORABLE. I'd play with her any day...any time!! What a sweetheart she is!! Also lovin' your quilt and the yarn....yummy. I should hope on over to the website and start drooling!! Have a great week!

Deb said...

I can not believe how big Avery is getting! Wow!! Don't they just grow up too fast. She's such a sweetie!

Love your quilt and love that phrase, "Go big or go home!!" And what's not to love about that yarn. I want me some - although maybe closer to fall. It's over 95 here today and I don't think yarn and I would get along too well.

woolwoman said...

OH KIM !!!!!!!!!! You went to Bugga heaven - I adore Bugga - I just take my skeins out periodically and just hold and cuddle them - I have not found anything "SG" worthy yet to use them on however I am really impressed with your choice for the KAL on RAV - good luck with that - I am going to do the Camp Loopy KAL's with Loopy Ewe this summer - she is offering a nice discount if you purchase yarn for a specific project to make "in camp" virtual camp that is . Yes GO BIG OR GO HOME has been our mantra in rug guild for a long time. enjoy avery and all your fun projects - I can't wait to see the bugga go Mel