Thursday, June 09, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Saturday I spent much of the day with my pal, Blogless Kimm (Hi Kimm!) and we had a day of junkin', lunchin' and yappin'. She's always such great company and we have so many things in common, so it's always a treat to spend time with her.

I found this old Diet Rite crate...


and everything in it!


Another pewter porringer, some vintage dishes, a silverplate sugar bowl, old baseballs, and other things! All discovered at two local G'Willy's and a Y Thrift Store.

It was a wonderful day!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks great! Glad you had a fun day -- that's the most important part. :D

TamboinMO said...

I have an idea for the old baseballs.....I think I saw a pic somewhere of a vase or hurricane lamp type thingy filled with old baseballs and then it had American flags stuck in it....way cute! Just an idea....kind of like this but with flags in it....
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--SyfPtPxGNM/TeWsE1c7-dI/AAAAAAAABUY/_q1usrCw1Cg/s640/22324791_RPWNE9Zq_c.jpg

Cari said...

Way too much fun!! I love the Diet-Rite crate. Have a great week Kim!

Julie M said...

Love all your finds! I haven't been thrifting for months!

Deb said...

Love seeing the thrifty finds again Kim. You made out good!!!

Erin in MI said...

Awesome haul Kim! That crate is from my neck of the woods!! LOL

mdgtjulie said...

Glad you had a good day. It's always fun to get together with friends!!