Thursday, June 02, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Here's my little $1.50 find for the week!


Isn't it funky-fun? I love it! Though you can't see it in the pics, it has some age...some crazing. Vintage funky! Somebody was artistic...


though it's not signed. Great graphic bird with fish scales....LOL Leave it to the hubs to point that out. He thinks the black section looks like fish scales AND he thinks they're going in the wrong direction. Ahem....I didn't know I was married to an art critic!

I love the bird with the backward fish scales!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Gabi said...

What a cute thing. I agree and disagree with your hubby. To me it doesn't look like fish scales (although I can see where he's coming from but more like feathers as a budgie has. Still he's right with the wrong direction though...lol.
All by all a great find. It's funky and lovely.

TamboinMO said...

Love it!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love it too!

Margaret said...

It's so much fun! Nice find!

Melissa said...

You always find the coolest stuff!

mdgtjulie said...

It's darling. Grats on your find!! Tell hubby they're backwards cause they're feathers!!

Cari said...

That is one excellent find!! I love the graphics and especially the backwards scales/feathers!! That really makes it unique!! Good find Kim!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great find!!

Erin in MI said...

I love the dish. I'm assuming it's a platter size? Awesome find.