Saturday, June 04, 2011

Snails Eventually Get To Where They're Going....Right?

It's no secret that I knit at a snail's pace.

Exhibit 1: Status of the sock last Saturday...



Exhibit 2: Status of the sock today....one week later...


Clear evidence of knitting at a snail's pace. (Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Frankenstein's Cotillion)

Snails really DO eventually get to where they're going...right?

If you aren't moving at a snail's pace, you aren't moving at all. -Iris Murdoch

*Peace!

9 comments:

Deb said...

A snail's pace is good because at least you're working on it a little. It would certainly be bad if it was sent to the WIP pile never to return. Little is good.

Margaret said...

It's very fine yarn, right? :D Love the colors!

Gabi said...

It's growing alright...and that's all that counts. Plus, it's looking lovely.

Jeanne said...

I feel the same way Kim, but we get there eventually! It's looking good so far!

mdgtjulie said...

You will get there eventually. After all, knitting is not your only craft. And you ARE making progress, so celebrate what you do have, instead of mourning what you don't!!

mac said...

A sloth was mugged by a gang of snails. He called 911 and the operator asked him to describe the attackers. To which, the sloth replied "I don't know, it all happened so fast"

It's all a matter of perspective, it seems :-)

woolwoman said...

I've been in a knitting funk too Kim - I got myself out of it by participating in MAD MAY on the madeline tosh board on Rav - started a new Rose Beck shawl with some gorgeous springy yarn and I'm back. This lovely LL SS yarn should get you going again. Do you ever knit those shawlettes - I find them easier than socks but then I am just NOT a sock knitter. Hope you find all your mojo in June - Mel

Nicole said...

I love that sock yarn!! It's looking great!!

Paulette said...

I LOVE those colors!! Gorgeous!!!

Paulette