Monday, May 30, 2011

Mixing Things Up and Making Do

I did some more cutting o'the fabric strips....


these are for quilt #2.

I also played with some yeast yesterday...


and I must say...these were DELICIOUS! If you love soft pretzels...well...just go HERE and make these. Super easy...and the Jakester and I polished them off about 10:30 last night!

I worked on piecing quilt #1 as far as I could go for now...


I ran out of fabrics. I knew I was going to, and was lucky enough to find some more of the blue online from a "OOP fabric seller". It's on the way to save the day! I'm improvising on the background...just because. Oh the joys of working from a stash...or should I say the joys of purchasing fabric with no end result in mind! Mixing things up and making do.....in the kitchen and the quilting den. It's what I do! At least I did this long weekend!

I hope you've had a great Memorial Day weekend as well!

*Peace!

5 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I love the blue and white squares you're making. That's gonna be fab!!

Margaret said...

Looks pretty! And yummy! :D

Cari said...

Quilts...and pretzel bites.... Fuel for the soul and tummy!! Have a great week!! Hugs

Deb said...

Well, everything looks yummy. If those rolls have yeast in them I wouldn't be able to make them - yeast and I do not get along!! And love your blue and white squares too - glad that you found more fabric.

And guess what appeared in the mail today - yep, the last installment of FW. UGH. Now I have to play catch-up with three months' worth!!

Anna van Schurman said...

I actually have some of that blue fabric. Not sure how much, but I recognized it instantly! We bought some mustard recently and were casting about for pretzel recipes, the bites are a really good idea!