Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Look What Hubs Found Last Week!

Last week the hubs played 'thrifting scout' and look what he found!


He was working on a building that just HAPPENS to house a small thrift shop. He popped in and then called me at the office. "I think you need to stop down here." He described a 'wicker trunk that looks old on the outside but is brand new on the inside' and kept saying he thought I would like it.....that he would spring for the $50 if I wanted it...and so on. He was quite persistent.

So I stopped down. And LOVED it! You can't see, but it has four fabulous oversized bun feet. Solid and sturdy, obviously a decent piece of furniture! It fit perfectly in the back of my wannabe SUV. And found it's spot easily in the living room!


The hubs is taking well to the 'thrifting scout' role. I love this piece!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! Kudos to the DH! My DH has no clue about such things. I'm very impressed! I love it! Love the pile of books too. :D

regan said...

What a find! Giant pat on the back to hubby! Way to go!

Cari said...

You've trained him well Kim....congratulations!! LOL Hugs

Laurie in Iowa said...

Woo hoo... love your new thrifty find. What a good DH you have.

Julie M said...

Great find! I love it when the hubby finds something cool at the thrift store.

mdgtjulie said...

What a wonderful hubby you have. And it does look great! Keep an eye out for a cedar chest for me, lol.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great find, Mr Threadhead! Now curious minds want to know... are quilts inside for the summer?

Deb said...

The hubs done good! I don't think my husband would be caught dead in one of those places, nor would he even know what to look for. It's a winner!