Friday, May 27, 2011

An Appointment With The Dirt

Happy Friday!! We are on the verge of a long holiday weekend! Wooohooo!

I've got an appointment with the dirt tomorrow! We have a brick planting box thing out in front of our house.....I usually fill it with 2 colors of petunias or some such thing.

This year I'm going in a different direction...or at least that's the plan!
I want a big mix of different flowers, plants and colors!


I've been looking online for some inspiration.
The planter is sun most of the day, but it is in the shade some of the day as well.


I think a mix will do well!

I'll post some pics later this weekend after I've dug all the dirt out from under my nails!

*Peace!

6 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, I'm jealous. I moved in April and lost my gardens. I miss them! I still have some pots, but it's not the same thing. Playing in the dirt is so rejuvenating!! I hope you have fun. Maybe you could plant some Zinnias? They grow sooooo fast!!! And they come in so many shades and colors!!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Kim,
Oh, I hope the weather cooperates so you can get outside to your flowerbeds.

Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful holiday weekend. Take care ~Natalie

Laurie in Iowa said...

Oh... that's going to look so pretty.
Has it warmed up enough for the planter planting?
I had to turn the furnace back on when the night temps dipped back to the 30s.

Margaret said...

Looks beautiful! I'm not into gardening, unfortunately. But I look forward to your efforts. lol!

Cari said...

Have fun in the dirt..your efforts will be worth it I'm sure. Have a wonderful LONG weekend Kim.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I haven't had the inclination to play in the dirt for a couple of years... but this year I've been noticing how much I love,love the wild flowers growing along the sides of not-so-traveled roads! I vote for the second photo minus the - can't call the name - red leaf plant. Maybe replace with a potato vine - you can do your own or buy them at the nursery. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=ie8&va=potato+vine+plant