Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Good morning and happy Thursday! Hope this finds you well with spring outside your door! I'm hopeful we'll see spring sometime soon! I'm growing impatient!

Monday I was content to play 'knitter' and stay home and knit knit knit, but the hubs always seems to be on a quest to get me out of the house for some reason. He wanted to go on the hunt. So...I obliged and we stopped at two G'Willy's...and I found two treasures!


Okay...I really should say the hubs found this treasure...


Good eye, Jerry! The Quilt.....


for five bucks!!!! and in impeccable shape, I might add.


It doesn't appear to have had a page turned! I am thrilled! This is a $50 book, so quite the score! When my friend, blogless Kimm, and I go junkin'...she always hits up the book section and finds great reads on the cheap, and I usually also come home with a few for the bookshelf and future reading. But this is the first large coffee table book I've scored!

And at the other G'Willy.....


a lovely silverplate coffee pot in excellent shape! Excited to add this one to the silverplate collection!

Just a couple finds on this fine Thursday! I hope the week has been good to you!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Great finds Kim. The quilt book looks lovely..fab score!! Have a great week and Easter weekend too! Hugs

Peggi said...

I enjoyed finding your blog. I discovered it as I was trying to find where to buy ground or crushed walnut shell. I will check at PetSmart or Petco in town. Thanks.
I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

Margaret said...

Oh nice finds! Great deal on the book!

Julie M said...

Since you're so excited about the book I'll let you keep it and I'll take the coffee pot. Sound fair? :)

Great finds!

sissyjane said...

I love, love, love silver. I even polish it! Hahaha....Don't you get excited over finds like that? Fabulous!